Table of Contents
Error code 0x80070002 on Windows 10 is a common error that occurs because of missing or corrupted Windows updating files. It could be very irritating, especially, if you encounter the error while working on something important.
As we said, this error 0x80070002 is a reference code that points towards corrupted or missing files when you are downloading the Windows update.
Below are the methods to fix the error code 0x80070002 on Windows 10.
Method 1- Run DISM.exe Command To Stop 0x80070002 Windows 10
- Type CMD on the Cortana search box, and Run it as an administrator.
- Once the CMD is launched, enter the following command, “Exe /Online /Cleanup-Image /Restorehealth”
- Once you execute this command in the CMD, restart your system and check whether the issue of error 0x80070002 is resolved or not.
Method 2- Edit the Registry Editor To Solve Glitch Of 0x80070002 On Windows 10
- Press the Windows key and R together to open the run box.
- Now, here type Regedit and press Ok.
- Registry Editor will open where follow the following path on the same.
- In the left pane, navigate to the Windows Update, and right-click on it.
- Locate OSUpgrade
Note: In case you don’t find the OSUpgrade key, then you need to right-click and select New->Key. Name it OSUpgrade.
- Right-click on the blank space on the right side of the pane and tap on New > DWORD (32-bit) Value.
- Click on OSUpgrade, name the DWORD value as “AllowOSUpgrade”
- Again, right-click on the “AllowOSUpgrade” and tap on Modify.
- You need to enter the value 1 in the new pop which will appear on the screen.
Method 3- Check The Corrupted Files To Halt Error Code 0x80070002
With the help of this method we will check, is there any corrupted or damaged file on your system. So to proceed with this step, we will perform the System File Checker. Below are the methods to perform SFC.
- Search command prompt on the Cortana search box, and Run it as an administrator.
- Now enter SFC/scannow and hit enter.
- Once the verification is completed, you will get damaged or corrupted files of your system.
Method 4 – Remove the Corrupted Files from The Windows 10 To Solve The Error 0x80070002
- Again, launch the Run box by pressing the Windows key and r together.
- Type Control Panel in the box.
- In the control panel window, search Administrative tools on the right above the search box.
- Tap on Administrative Tools, and navigate to the “Services” in the new window.
- As soon as, you tap on Services, a new window will open. Search Windows Update on the list of Services.
- Right-click on the Windows Update, and tap on “Stop”
Restart your system, and check whether the technical error 0x80070002 is fixed or not.
Method 5- Check The System’s Disk To Stop This Issue
As you did in method 3, to launch Command prompt, perform the same in this step too.
- In the CMD box, enter the following command “chkdsk /r” and hit enter.
- This command will check the system disk. Once the process is completed, there will be a question where you need to enter Y.
After implementing this method, restart your system and check whether the technical code of 0x80070002 on Windows 10, persists.
Some Other Fixes You Can Try To Toss Out Error Code 0x80070002 On Windows 10 :
- Check System’s date and time
There are fair chances that Windows can’t update correctly because of the wrong date and time settings on Windows 10. Therefore, it is recommended to change the date and time as per your timezone
- Windows Update Troubleshooter
To start this process, refer to Method 4 to launch Control Panel and once you are on the Control panel window, search Troubleshooting in the same search box, where you have searched administrative tools.
Troubleshooting > System and Security (right side panel) > Windows Update.
In the new pop tap on next, let the process complete. After restart your system.
- Delete Software Distribution Folder to Fix 0x80070002 on Windows 10
Follow the following path to stop this annoying error:
This PC > Local Disk (C:) > Windows > Right-click on SoftwareDistribution > tap on delete.
If you are unable to delete the SoftwareDistribution folder, rename it as Software DistributionOld.
Restart your system, and check if error 0x80070002 still occurs.
Hopefully, the above-mentioned methods will work to toss out Error Code 0x80070002 On Windows 10. If there is any other method you have tried for the same, let us know in the below comments section.
Indeed! We keep an eye on your thoughts and comments, which helps us to improve more! I hope you liked this article. Moreover, you can also follow us on social media and subscribe to our newsletter for more tips and tricks.
Don’t forget to share our work with your surroundings.
Wait, don’t forget to let me know your views on this article in the below comment section.