Table of Contents
Remembering passwords for multiple accounts is not easy. Therefore, to save time and make things simpler most of us save passwords either on sticky notes, notepads, word documents, or in the browser. This practice is not right, as anyone who has access to your computer can access your passwords. If this bothers you, and you are wondering how to find all these saved details, you are in luck.
In this post, along with discussing the manual ways to find and manage passwords, we will also explain a product called Advanced Identity Protector. Using it, you can not only locate saved passwords but can also move them to a secure vault.
Developed by Systweak Advanced Identity Protector is a multi-platform identity protector software. Using this tool, you can easily protect sensitive information, organize personal data securely, protect credit cards, social security numbers and do a lot more.
This is the best automatic way to scan your Windows and secure confidential information stored on your Windows.
Now, we know how we can automatically secure all the information. Let us learn manual ways to find stored usernames and passwords. Alongside by clicking here, you can jump to the how-to section of how to use Advanced Identity Protector.
Manual Ways of Finding Stored Passwords in Windows 10
Method 1 – Using Credential Manager
- In Windows search bar type Credential Manager
- Select the best result and open it.
- Here, you will be able to see two credentials: Web Credentials and Windows Credentials.
Under Web Credentials, you can find the passwords used to log in to various sites. While under Windows Credentials, you can see the rest of the PC logins.
Click on the respective section and look for credentials you have forgotten or want to remove.
Once you can find the account, click the down arrow on the right
Click Show next to the password > enter the administrator password.
That’s it, you will be able to see the password.
Tip: If you don’t want to keep it stored, click Remove.
Method 2- Using Command Prompt
- In the Windows search bar, type Command Prompt > right-click > Run as administrator.
- Here, enter the following command
exe keymgr.dll,KRShowKeyMgr> Ok
- This will open the Stored Usernames and Passwords window.
Tip: By clicking the Add button, you can key in new credentials.
Method 3- Using Registry Editor
We do not recommend making changes to the registry as a wrong click can disrupt the operating system. However, if you want to make changes, we suggest taking a backup of the registry.
Once that is done, you can then follow the steps below to access administrator passwords.
- Press Windows + R to open the Run window
- Type regedit > Enter
- Go to
HKEY_ LOCAL_MACHINE > SOFTWARE > Microsoft > Windows NT > CurrentVersion > Winlogon
- Scroll down and look for Default Password > double click it > you will be able to see the saved password.
As already mentioned, making changes to the registry involves risk. Therefore if you have the slightest of doubt, we suggest not going with the step.
The Best Way to Find Save Password, Card Details, and Other Sensitive Data
Manual steps aren’t the only way to find your saved credentials. Using Advanced Identity Protector, you can know the passwords saved in web browsers, email clients, windows registries, documents, and files. This means without risking your system and data you can locate privacy traces that make you vulnerable to cyber-attacks.
Advanced Identity Protector the best identity protection software quickly scans your Windows and Mac for privacy traces. To use this amazing product, follow the steps below:
How to Use Advanced Identity Protector:
- Download and install Advanced Identity Protector
Download Advanced Identity Protector
- Launch Advanced Identity Protector
- To scan for identity traces click Start scan now
- The best identity protector will now scan the system to detect privacy exposing traces like credit card details, social security numbers, personal details, etc. The product also scans web browsers, mail clients, documents, and other locations to identify these traces.
- After the scanning is done, review scan results. The left pane of the product is divided into different categories. Click them one by one to preview scan results.
- Thereafter select the traces you would like to remove and click Protect Now.
- You will now see a window with three options:
- Move to Secure Vault (Recommended)
- Remove Traces Permanently
- Add to Exclusion List
- If you don’t want to remove these details, select Move to Secure Vault > Continue. When asked to create a profile click Yes and proceed.
- Create a secure profile by filling out all the details.
- Once done, select the type of details you want to add in Secure Vault and proceed.
Using these simple steps, you can easily detect and secure personal information.
Wrap Up – How to Manage Your Windows 10 Passwords
Before saving the passwords on the system or browser keep in mind, anyone with access to the system will have access to these details. Therefore, avoid saving any personal or sensitive information openly. The best way to stay safe from data breaches and other attacks is to use the best identity protection service or can use the best password manager like TweakPass.
Keep your passwords safe and stay secure. We hope you found the information helpful and will try and follow the tips. Do share your feedback about the same in the comments box.