It is a universal fact that humans make mistakes and the same goes with a machine. While saving data on the system we cannot be sure that it will stay forever. Data can be lost due to power outages, natural disasters, ransomware attacks, human errors, accidentally deleting files, etc. Not only this, if the device gets stolen, then the data can be lost.
Hence, to stay at one arm’s distance from such a situation, backup software are needed. As the name suggests using backup tools one can keep a copy of important data safe and restore it when lost due to any reason.
But selecting backup software is not easy, understanding this in this blog, we have listed down some of the best backup solutions for Windows.
Fact Check –
- 60% of backups are incomplete and 50% of restore fails.
- 14% of data loss occurs due to human error.
- 10% occur due to software failure.
- 67% of data loss is caused due to system failure or hard drive crash.
Data Backup – Why is it important?
We now live in a world where everyone is dependent on data. Imagine if the system you save all your files went down for days or your network went down, and you are unable to access any data then? Can you still be able to function? Of course, not. You will be frustrated and will try to get back the access ASAP.
This is the time when the need for backup software arises. As backup software for Windows will create copies of files, it will help restore the data even if the machine is not working.
How does data backup work?
Data backup means creating a copy of your files on storage other than your main hard drive. That can be an external drive, a rewritable disc, online storage, or any syncing services. Once a backup of data is created, it can be accessed from anywhere (if stored on the cloud) and can be restored when data failure occurs due to any reason like –
- Human error
- Software corruption
- Computer virus, ransomware attack, etc
- Hardware damage
- Liquid damage
- Hard drive formatting and more.
Most importantly, using backup software on Windows you can password protect and encrypt sensitive data. This adds a layer of protection.
After trying different backup software available for Windows 10, we have shortlisted the best ones for you.
List Of The Best Backup Software Solutions
List of Contents
|Name||Compatible With||Best For||Price Single License|
|Ashampoo Backup Pro||Windows||Storing and securing data in the cloud||$24.99|
|Acronis Cyber Backup||Windows and Mac||Businesses to backup data||$250 monthly starting price|
|Right Backup||Windows, Android, and iOS||Online data backup solution||$14.95 monthly starting price|
|Paragon Backup & Recovery||Windows and Mac||A Free backup solution to automate backups||Free|
|NovaBackup||Windows||Encrypting data backup||$199.95 yearly starting price|
|Genie Timeline Home||Windows||Compressing data backup||$39.95|
|EaseUS Todo Backup Free||Windows||Protecting data free of cost||Free|
|AOMEI Backupper||Windows||Cloning Windows system||$39.00|
|O&O DiskImage||Windows||Powerful disk cloning tool||$49.95|
|NTI Backup Now||Windows||Remote backup||$4.99 monthly|
1. Ashampoo Backup Pro
First on our list is Ashampoo Backup Pro, a complete data backup tool that offers a slew of features preventing from losing data due to ransomware, Windows error, and viruses. It is the best-in-class backup software that helps bring back the system to its original form. Using it, you can backup all types of data, be it photos, documents, videos, audio, and other files.
- Backup your file in a few clicks without taking much of your time
- Backup & restore Windows system in case of system failure
- Protect a single file or a particular disk.
- Automatic backup of files
2. Acronis Cyber Backup
Acronis is the most advanced backup software that protects you in recovering unintentionally deleted data by backing up the entire disks, partitions, folders, and files. It repairs your system’s hardware and software failure. It is the best software that provides features of AI and blockchain data notarization to protect against crypto-jacking and ransomware.
- Enhances your work capacity by providing you the unmatchable data protection
- Provides authentic backup by restoring the system exactly as it was originally
- Monitors all activities in the system and provides full system image backup
- Provides disk cloning, the mirror image of windows 10
3. Right Backup
Right backup is the safest and secure online storage that gives the facility to access data from anywhere, anytime. Using this cloud backup solution, you can backup and restore data from any device. Compatible with Windows, Android, and iOS this backup solution provides an easy backup option. Using its Custom and Smart Backup, one can easily decide on the data to backup.
- Compatible with all the platforms
- Automatically backup data in 12 hours to make sure that nothing is left
- All the backup data can be accessed through any device just by a single account
- Smart Restore and Custom Restore
4. Paragon Backup & Recovery
Another backup software that ranked good in our test and helps restore your lost data is Paragon Backup & Recovery. Using it, you can create a full or partial backup of files and systems and can be used to create bootable ISO and USB drives. This software gives a fast response because it does not use background services.
- It has version control
- Can create a recovery disk
- Can copy disk which is useful in the restoration
- Disk Management Tool
5. Nova Backup
This trending software is best for corporate organizations as it supports Single Tape, AWS, and NAS, RDX, Wasabi, Azure backups by providing a great download speed of 1 TB in approximately 10 hours and 50 minutes which is way better than other software available in the market.
- It supports both local and cloud backup which gives ease to work.
- performs automatic backup
- It has AES encryption.
- performs PC, Server, MPS Backup
6. EaseUS Todo Backup
This free-to-use backup solution offers cloning and backup on Google Drive, Dropbox, Onedrive. It supports backup of files, folders, and a full system. Using EaseUS Todo Backup Free, you can easily keep data safe from any disaster. Also, it gives full control in the hands of the user making data backup easy.
- If supports incremental/Differential backup on both cloud and local
- Offers to restores wipe disk partition
- We have the option of Outlook email backup
- Complete backup solution for home users
7. Genie Timeline Home
This is the most used software by professionals because it supports onsite and offsite backup in just one click. With help of this backup on email, documents, videos, disks, and partitions can be made. In addition to this, using the best backup software for Windows you can set automatic backup, restore your system to any recovery point, view timeline, and do a lot more
- Can create a backup to hard drive external disk
- Its most useful feature is, it creates ISO and bootable USB drives
- Supports Mac
- Fast and lightweight backup solution
8. AOMEI Backupper
Designed for Windows, PCs, and Servers using AOMEI Backupper you can protect your data from any kind of disaster. It provides a disk partition manager that helps protect data and manage hard drivers. The 5.7 version of AOMEI Backupper Standard is available as a free backup tool and using it you can take automatic or scheduled backups.
- It has the facility of automatic or scheduled backup
- This is best for organization use because its Premium plan provides backup of unlimited PCs and servers in a company
- It can clone through various sources
- Premium plans provide the protection and recovery services
9. O&O DiskImage
This backup tool works perfectly fine with Windows and lets you back up an entire computer or single file whenever you want. Its major feature is that it supports SSD and the latest UEFI System. With its help, the entire PC can be cloned.
- It does not require a boot medium to boot up the system
- System restores onto different hardware (M.I.R.)
- Plugin and play
- New and enhanced functions Control via Command Lines
10. NTI Backup Now
Best-suited backup tool for IT Professionals and Small-scale businesses, using it you can backup the complete PC into a bootable image. It gives access to our data off-site with its cloud feature. Available in French, Spanish, and English NTI Backup now allows backup migration, file filtering, email notifications, and more.
- Comes with cloud backup
- File and Folder backup for every dedicated file
- Complete System Backup
- Backup Migration
Best Backup Solution for Windows 10:
So, this is the list of the best and easiest data backup software available as cloud storage and desktop version for Windows. Using them, you can take backup of all the important files and stay safe from accidental data loss. Not only this using them you can even create an image of your Windows and use it for business purposes.
If you are looking for our recommendation, we suggest you use Ashampoo Backup Pro. As an alternative to it, you can even give Right Backup the best cloud storage tool also a try. Do let us know which tool you picked from the list and why in the comments section.
Backup Solution You Should Use:
The above-suggested backup software are tried and tested. Out of these, some are free backup solutions that compete well with paid tools. You can use any of the above-mentioned tools and keep your important files safe.
As far as our opinion is concerned, you can use any of them to back up your data. However, I like Ashampoo Backup Pro a lot because of its features like protecting a single file or a whole disk. It allows you to backup your data automatically and also it supports OneDrive Business or Office, Owncloud, and Nextcloud. So, I think using this will give you a good experience.
We hope you gained some knowledge with the help of this post and will give this backup software a try. Do let us know which one you picked and why in the comments sections. In case you use some other software that we have not to mention do share the same. We would like to test it and see how it works.