Table of Contents
Facing Realtek HD Audio Manager Missing in Windows 10 error? Read the article and resolve it on your own.
What Is A Device Driver?
Device Driver is a software code that acts as a bridge between the hardware and the Operating System. For any hardware device to function properly its device driver should be properly installed on your Windows PC.
Why Do Device Driver Error Occur?
There are ample reason due to which you may experience driver error:
- Out of date driver.
- Your driver is not compatible with the Operating System.
- Faulty drive installation.
How to Fix Realtek HD Audio Manager Missing from Windows 10:
One of the famous driver manufacturing brands in Intel, and is using new technologies to provide much advanced and efficient drivers. However, when it comes to Audio manager drivers, Realtek is still a better option. This is because Realtek also manufactures sound drivers and hence many brands still prefer to have the Realtek HD Audio Manager installed on their computers.
However, as we know nothing is perfect and so are the drivers. Many times people face the issues and complain of the error “Realtek Audio Driver is missing in Windows 10”.
Method 1: How To Fix Realtek HD Audio Manager Missing from Windows 10:
In this quick and easy how to guide we have mentioned two methods to resolve the Realtek HD Audio Manager missing on Windows 10 error.
The first and elementary step is to check whether updating the driver resolves the Realtek Audio Manager missing error. Most of the time this provides the solution, however, if it doesn’t you can go to the second step that mentions how to download the driver and codecs manually from the Realtek official website.
Update The Realtek Sound Driver:
- On your Windows 10 PC, open Device Manager by writing Device manager in the Start Button. From the menu that appears, look for the Device Manager and click on it.
- From the Device Manager window, look for the option that says “Sound, video and game controllers” Under this heading, you will find the driver named “Realtek High Definition Audio”. Right click on it and choose Update driver from the drop-down menu.
- From the next page, look for the heading “Search automatically for drivers” and choose it. It is to be noted that you should be connected to the Internet in order to search for the driver.
- You need to restart the PC, once the system has searched for the driver and installed it. Post this check whether Realtek HD Audio Manager is missing and the error has been resolved.
- If the installation of the driver was successful, upon restart, you will be able to see the driver in the Control Panel.
However, if this does not help, you will have to install and download the Realtek HD Audio Manager manually. For this,
- From the Update Driver window, click on “Browse my computer for drivers“.
- Post this, you will be asked to browse for the driver from your Windows PC. For this choose the option that says “Let me pick from a list of available drivers on my computer”.
- Locate the Realtek High Definition Audio from your PC and then click on Next.
- Post this you will be asked to restart your PC after which you should be able to see that the driver has been downloaded and installed successfully.
The above mentioned steps were the first method of knowing how to fix the Realtek HD Audio Manager missing on Windows 10 error.
Method 2: Download The Realtek High Definition Audio Manager:
In case the above method does not work the second method involved downloading the drive from the vendors site. To do so:
- On your web browser launch the Realtek’s Website. The same will display a list of Realtek HD drivers for Linux and Windows systems. Please locate the driver wrt to your System Configuration for 32/64 bit system. For this navigate to home screen > right click My Computer > System Type and then look whether your Windows 10 PC is a 32 bit or 64 bit configuration. Know that you know the configuration, look for the relevant driver and download it.
- Once the download is complete restart your PC. Post restart, go to C: drive. From here slick on Program Files and then choose Realtek and then Audio. Here look for the HDA folder and click on it.
- In the HDA folder, locate the file named “RtkNGUI64.exe” and click on it. Doing so will install the Realtek HD Audio Manager on your Windows 10 PC.
The above mentioned methods described how to fix Realtek HD Audio Manager missing problems in Windows 10. If you too are facing the same problem, do read the article and have the driver up and running easily. Do not forget to subscribe to our blog for more tech related articles and share your valuable feedback in the comments section below.