Table of Contents
The best firewall software for Windows is in high demand.As, these tools protect your computers from uninvited threats from the internet. To ensure your device security from dangerous and unknown threats, there are some best free firewall software that acts as a shield between your computer and the internet.
What Is The Need Of A Firewall For A PC?
Windows firewall software is essential for businesses and individuals to protect and safeguard all your sensitive and important data. Best software for firewall control is the one that can filter out the malicious traffic from outside your internal networks. A better control system helps in preventing your system from endless security issues that are exploited by hackers online.
Here we have listed some of the best Windows 10 firewall control software for enhanced protection.
Best Free Firewall Software For Windows
1. GlassWire: Finest Firewall For PC
GlassWire is a firewall control for Windows 10, preventing your network from both incoming and outgoing online attacks. It can track your network activity for present and past, keeps monitoring your system for any malware detection, and blocks bad-behaving apps and programs quickly.
- Features GlassWire’s network monitoring graph that can keep a record of what your PC is connected to or may have been connected to in the past.
- GlassWire can efficiently detect spyware, malware, badly behaving apps, and block their connections.
- Warns for any network-related changes and unusual changes to your apps and PC that could contain malicious content.
- It has WiFi Evil Twin Detection to find any new Wi-Fi hardware with the same network name.
2. Comodo: Best Free Windows Firewall Software
When talking for the best free firewall software for Windows, Comodo Firewall cannot be missed. We consider it to be the best software for firewall control as it allows users to blacklist dangerous programs easily, which might pose threat to your sensitive data making Comodo easy-to-use application. Comodo Firewall will first make changes to your default homepage and search engines once installed. . To get everything customized as per your preferences, , make changes in settings during the initial setup.
- With the automatic update system, it keeps on updating you for all the latest protections.
- Offers custom DNS servers and Ad Blocker.
- Provides Rating Scan option to let you identify the reliability of any program or process.
- The user can control permissions for different programs and processes.
3. ZoneAlarm: Free Firewall For Windows
ZoneAlarm is one of many firewall software that ensures your device protection from all kind of cyberattacks including spyware, malware, phishing attacks, ransomware and much more. This is the finest firewall compatible with all versions of Windows. This free PC firewall is a comes with an antivirus program that has multiple security layers with custom interface and online backup upto 5GB.
- Blocks unwanted traffic from entering into your network with enhanced Wi-Fi PC Protection.
- Two-way firewall monitors the traffic that enters and exits your system protecting your PC from hackers.
- Early boot protection that detects whether it’s running a trusted OS or not.
- Protects your private information from phishing attacks while you browse online.
4. Windows Defender Firewall: A Firewall Within System
Windows Defender Firewall is Windows’ inbuilt firewall that can be a great pick while looking for the best firewall control software. With this robust free firewall for Windows 10, you can monitor the entries and exits on your PC. This application works so well with Windows PC but the only drawback is that it lacks some advanced options.
- Easy to use and reliable firewall control for Windows.
- Well-designed user interface with easy controls.
- A reliable source to add annoying applications to blacklist.
- With Windows Defender Firewall, a user can create custom inbound and outbound traffic rules.
To use this app, go to search bar and type in Windows Defender Firewall. You can use it from either the app itself or from Windows settings under tab Windows security.
5. NetDefender: Free FireWall For Windows
Looking for a free firewall with numerous benefits? NetDefender is the best firewall for Windows that is easy-to-use and comes with all basic functionalities of a firewall software. The best of its features is that you can block or restrict unwanted traffic within a single click.
- Quick and easy installation.
- Compatible with all versions of Windows.
- Packet filtering Firewall that can add custom rules as per the users’ security requirements.
- Blocks all uninvited incoming traffic with a single click.
Which One Will You Use?
So, these were some of the best free Windows firewall software that you can try out in 2020. All of them are easy to use and can be used in both free and paid versions. Every software comes up with its pros and cons so before relying on anyone software, try one or another, and then compare them for the best results. If you are looking for a firewall software other than the ones listed above, you can give a try to OpenDNS, NetDefender and others.
Let us know which one you are going to try in the near future in the comments section below. Also, do not forget to like and subscribe to Tweak Library and its Social Media pages.