What Is An Email Thread?
An email thread is an email message that contains the original email with its succeeding replies. The replies are arranged in chronological order from the first reply to the most recent.
Email threading is also called conversation threading because it may also contain internet forums, newsgroups and other areas where other users also share information.
Also read: How can we Undo the Sent Email in Gmail
Email Threading on Gmail of an Android device:
On Android 5.0 Lollipop, Gmail is the default email application and email threading is turned off by default. Here, email threading is called the conversation view. To make it on:
- Open Gmail and click the three-line icon to the left in the Inbox.
- Scroll down past all your folders and select Settings.
- Now, tap on General Settings.
- In the next window, tick the checkbox next to Conversation View. Tap it to make it on, if not yet.
- Return to your email to view your threaded email conversations.
Email Threading on Windows PC:
Email threading is turned on by default in Windows PC. However, in case it is turned on then do can turn on it by following the steps below:
- Open your Gmail account and on the top right corner of the page click on the gear icon, and select Settings from the drop-down menu.
- Use the toggle switch to turn conversation view ON, if it is OFF.
Email threading makes communication more efficient. You can remove unnecessary messages/images forwarded to avoid clogging. It makes a kind of sensibility on your part.
The email threading can greatly increase efficiency by organizing emails in such way that redundancy is limited and concerned readers can focus on the important issues.
People should not be added unnecessarily in the conversation. This may lead to more questions rather than a meaningful discussion and the thread becomes too long which results in loosing of some important points in-between.
The only limitation in Email threading is that the email system of all the participants needs to be same. It means that if anyone in the conversation uses different email system then each email may become a new email.
Email Threading is quite important as it plays a big part in managing communication more effectively, also it makes your inbox more managed and tidy.