How to Schedule Posts On Instagram Using Your Personal Account?
The Need To Schedule Instagram Posts
Instagram is a platform that gets flooded with photos and videos every now and then. Most of these pictures and videos are well thought. This means you capture them with a lot of care, you pay a lot of attention to detail and make necessary edits before posting them.
Every post (be it an image or video) has a significance. To put it in simple terms, you can’t put out a post that is meant for an occasion on any day. Let’s say, you have a stunning picture of yourself that you want to publish on your birthday. Going by the existing API (Application Program Interface) of Instagram, you won’t be able to schedule Instagram posts directly.
That’s where you need an Instagram post planner, more specifically an app that posts to Instagram for you at your desired time. How about having a way using which you will be notified to post your content at your specified time?
To schedule Instagram posts, you can use one of the many social media management platforms.
So, What Is A Social Media Management Platform ?
It is a dedicated tool using which you can create content for social media. Apart from this, you can even schedule post and engage with the content too. The tool takes into account all the major social media platforms.
How To Auto Post On Instagram Using Social Media Management Tool
There are tons of social media management tools available that can help you schedule Instagram posts.
Let’s take SocialPilot for instance, which is revered as one of the best Instagram post schedulers in the market. Though not completely free, you can use SocialPilot as a free Instagram scheduler for a period of 14 days. The packages can be used depending on whether you wish to use its services as an agency, small team or a professional.
But, Didn’t Instagram Restrict Third Party Apps Earlier ?
Earlier, Instagram didn’t allow the third party apps to publish posts, but now, it has removed that restriction. Although SocialPilot is still in the process of getting extended API access, as of now you can schedule Instagram posts with the help of its mobile app.
Here’s how you can use SocialPilot to schedule Instagram posts-
1. Once you have chosen a desired package and created an account, log into SocialPilot. You will then have a dashboard opened in front of you
2. Click on Accounts > Connect Account and choose Instagram
3. Make sure that you also install the Social Pilot app on your device too. The app is available for both Android and iOS users
4. On the left-hand side, click on Posts. Then, click on Create Post and enter post description
5. You can also upload an image using the camera icon present at the bottom of the post editor
6. Now choose your Instagram account and schedule your post using one of the options from the Add To Queue dropdown
7. You will receive a push notification on the date and time for which you had scheduled the post. You must have all the notifications on.
8. When you see the push notification, click on the share button
9. Once you click on the share button, you will then be directed to your app where you can choose to share the post as a ‘story’ or as a ‘feed. After this, you will again be asked to confirm if you have selected the right account. If yes, click on ‘YES, I AM’. the post description will now be copied to the clipboard
10. Now, just as you work with Instagram, hit the next button. You will now be able to see the caption in the text box, long press on the caption and click on paste
And that’s it! By now you will have successfully scheduled your Instagram post.
Here are some more honourable mentions –
- Zoho Social
In The End
As a user with a personal account, do you schedule Instagram posts or feel the need to do so? If yes, why and how often do you schedule Instagram posts? Do you follow a particular strategy? Hope the blog has been of some help and if there is Instagram post planner which you think is good, drop it in the comments section below and we’ll unfurl its magnificence to the world. For more such tech-related updates and interesting tech-filled content, keep reading Tweak Library.