As Microsoft introduced the all-new redesigned Notepad with the features users always wanted, another feather in its cap was added. The new Notepad seems to be a unified effort by the company to match the new look and feel of Windows 11.
For years, Notepad has been the best utility app in Windows, and users like it for its ease of use. However, due to its simple design and only primary features, users started shifting to third-party apps. Therefore, to make a comeback and keep users interested, Microsoft is now changing the go-to app used to jot down thoughts and do a lot more.
With the all-new Notepad introduced in Windows 11 insider, there have been many features that users were longing for, but they were not present in the ancestor Notepad. The all-new changes are likely to get applauded by users as these are fundamental changes that every user dreams of. The new Notepad gives a fresh feel with new features to continue our daily workflows.
— Windows Insider (@windowsinsider) January 5, 2022
Features of new Notepad in Windows 11:-
- The all-new UI of Notepad has changed the appearance of Notepad by making the corners round and including Mica and more to the new visual design of Windows 11.
- Another noticeable feature that every user uses to decrease eye strain is dark mode. Dark mode makes the appearance elegant, and it reduces eye strain. The new Notepad will adapt to default system theme preference, but now users can switch to dark mode in the Notepad from Notepad settings.
- Another remarkable feature introduced in Notepad is the find and replace experience. Now users can find anything they have entered into the Notepad and replace any specific word of their choice.
- The floating bar for the search/ find and replace interface looks trendy.
- Another significant change introduced in Notepad is multi-level undo in the list of new features. Users now can experience various undoings to check what they have written and then amend it if they want.
- The updated right-click menu gives more options than ever before.
- The redesigned Notepad has a combined text search tool and find and replace tool supported by two keyboard shortcuts. Earlier, there were two different popups for both of them.
- The format menu is no more, and the font button has gone to the edit dropdown under the View menu.
The redesigned Notepad is a powerful tool in Windows 11 with many new features to help users do regular work on a Notepad. All the new features are helpful for users because these features were not available in the previous version of Notepad; hence, users switched to third-party note-making apps. With the inclusion of all the features in the brand new Notepad in Windows 11, users will get the liberty to do all the note-making tasks in the all-new incarnation of Notepad with the wonderful features listed above.
We have many hopes from the multi-step undo function that will replace the old system of undoing changes (which allowed only going one step back). However, it seems that we will have to wait for the feature to work perfectly as there are still some quirks in it. Another unfortunate thing is that the word wrap is not enabled by default. With that being said, it seems Microsoft is still working on the updates and the company is focusing on more minor updates than on the ones required. I hope to see some more changes in the future, and rather than making Notepad feel less like a relic, they bring more functional changes.
Try the all-new Notepad, and share your experience with us in the comment section below.