Table of Contents
Recently purchased a Chromecast? Excited to use it but are clueless, how to set it? No need to worry, we are here to help.
Chromecast being an inexpensive affair be easily considered if one wants to beam content from phones or tablets to a TV. Depending upon needs, it could be a full replacement to actual smart TV devices.
How to set up a Chromecast using your Android phone:
- Plug your Chromecast into the HDMI input of your TV.
- Plug the Chromecast to a USB port present either at the back or side of your TV. If any of the USB ports isn’t free, simply connect the device to an outlet using the adapter which comes with the Chromecast.
- Now, change the input channel of your TV to the same your Chromecast is connected to.
- From Google Play Store download the Google Cast Android app.
- Upon installation open the app, accept the terms, sign into your Google account and follow instructions.
- Once the initial setup gets done, the main page should show up.
- From here tap “Devices” and hit “Set Up”, once Chromecast appear.
- Select “Set Up” one more time.
- Once the setup process is complete; a code appears both on your TV and the smartphone device. Make sure the code is the same one on both devices.
- You will then be prompted to change the Chromecast’s name to something unique. If you wish you can set a name of your wish and when done, select “Set Name” or leave it to the default name.
- Post setting a name you will be asked to select a Wi-Fi network for your Chromecast. Go through the necessary steps and then select “Set Network”.
- There might be some updates for your Chromecast. Just wait until they are done.
- Now your Chromecast device should launch. After this, you are all set to enjoy your Google Cast experience!
Once all the setup up process is done, applications which are compatible on your devices should show a Cast icon (when connected to the same Wi-Fi network). For example, when watching a YouTube video, simply press the Cast icon and select your specific device. The content will then show up on your large screen TV and you can easily control it with your smartphone. Simple as ABC!