How To Change System Display Language In Windows 10
Whenever you install a fresh copy of Windows 10 on your computer, you get an option to choose your preferred language. Later which becomes the Display as well as the System language of your Windows 10 PC.
But, if at any given point of time you would want to change Windows 10 system language then what? Does this mean you’ll re-install Windows or is there a work around? The answer to this question is without reinstalling Windows, you can easily change system language in Windows 10. To know how this can be done, you’ll need to read further.
Also Read: How to Setup Find My Device in Windows 10
How to Change System and Display Language in Windows 10
Windows 10 provides various languages from which you can choose your preferred language. Steps to change display and system language in Windows 10.
1. To get started click on the Windows Start button > click on gear icon to open Windows Settings.
2. In the Windows Settings click on Time & Language option.
3. In the new window that open click on Language located in the left pane.
4. Now in the right panel, click on the Add a language option.
5. The next step now is to select the language you wish to add. Since Windows 10 provides you with different language option to add, search for the language. Once selected click Next to proceed.
6. On this screen make sure option Install language pack and set as my Windows display language is checked marked. If not, check to mark the option and click on the Install button to proceed.
7. This way, language pack for the selected language will be installed on Windows 10. Moreover, since we selected the option Install language pack and set as my Windows display language, the display language of your computer will automatically change to the selected one, next time you sign in to Windows.
Using these steps you can install various language packs.
How to change Language of Welcome Screen and New User Accounts.
Now, that you installed and applied language pack, language of login screen, welcome screen, user accounts and start menu should change. But if this doesn’t happen you’ll need to follow steps explained below to change the language.
Steps to change Language of Welcome Screen and New User Accounts:
1. Click the Windows start button > select gear icon to open Windows Settings.
2. Here, click on Time & Language option.
3. Now, from the left pane select Language followed by Administrative language settings in the right panel, under Related settings section.
4. Here, click on Administrative tab > Copy settings under Welcome screen and new user accounts section.
5. Now check mark the options Welcome screen and system accounts and New user account. Click OK to copy your current settings.
Using these simple steps you can easily change display as well as the system language of your Windows 10.
Note: If you use single Microsoft account to sign in to different Windows 10, then change in the language of one PC will automatically change the display language of another computer. Because systems are synced.
Therefore, to change the display language of only 1 PC turn off language syncing. To do so open Settings > select Accounts. Now from the right pane click on Sync your settings and toggle off Language preferences in the right pane. This change of language on 1 system will not affect the other one.
So, guys, that’s all from our side. Hope you will now be able to change the display as well as the system language of your Windows 10 PC without any hassle. If you find this article helpful, share it with your friends and family.