Table of Contents
We have all used Google Voice typing on our Android smartphones as it is pre-installed and enabled on your Android Smartphones. Google Voice typing is very convenient for the users who face difficulty in typing due to any reason. It provides user’s freedom to type anything without
However, it is not pre installed and enabled on the iOS devices, therefore, you have to enable it manually.
Installing and enabling Gboard on that iPhone and Pad is straightforward. You just have to install Gboard from the App Store and enable it from settings.
This simple guide will help you to enable voice typing on iPhone and iPad.
Steps To Enable Voice Typing on iPhone or iPad
1. How to install and Setup Gboard
Install Gboard on your device:
First you have to install Gboard on your iPhone or iPad. In case you have already installed Google keyboard on your iPhone or iPad then you do not need to install it again.
- Open the App Store on your iPhone or iPad to install the application.
- Now type Gboard in the search back and then search for the app.
- Now you will see a GET button in front of the application. Tap GETnext to ″Gboard.″
- When you click on the Get button you will be prompted to enter the passcode or use Touch ID to install the application.
- Once it is done Gboard will be installed on your device.
How to set up Gboard:
Once the Gboard is installed you have to enable it before using it.
1. First open your iPhone settings by tapping on the icon shown below:
2. No tap on the General icon.
3. Now tap on the Keyboard.
4. Now tap on the Keyboards from the top. For the list of Keyboards installed.
5. Now you can add the Gboard that you have previously installed.
6. Tap on the New Keyboard. Tap Gboard.
Add the Gboard to the keyboard list:
If you already see Gboard listed, you can skip to the next step. Otherwise, here’s how to add Gboard to the list of keyboards you can use on this phone or tablet:
- Tap Add New Keyboard…
- Tap Gboard. It now appears in the list.
- Now toggle on Allow Full Access
If prompted, tap on the Allow button.
Note: You may have to tap Allow to continue.
Have A Look: Gboard Brings Incognito Mode For Supporting Apps
2. How to Use Voice Typing on iPhone and iPad
Once the Gboard is installed and selected for use, then it can be used easily. For using the keyboard it should be selected first.
1. Open the application on which you want to use voice typing or you can use any application that uses a keyboard.
2. Now open the Keyboard by tapping on the typing area.
3. Now if the normal iPhone keyboard opens then you have to select Gboard manually. To select Gboard, tap on the Globe icon located on the lower bar of the keyboard.
4. Now tap on the Gboard to select it.
5. Now for activating the Voice typing you have to long press the spacebar until you get notice about voice typing.
6. Now press OK until you get Speak Now popup.
Now you are ready to use Voice input on your iPad or iPhone.
When you want to use voice input you have to long press the keyboard.
Now you can say what you want to type.
When you finish speaking the Goggle will type whatever you have said.
Note: For inserting punctuation marks you have to say its name and Google will type it for you.
Enabling Voice typing in iPad or iPhone is fairly easy, you just have to install Gboard on your device and enable it. The functionality of the voice typing on iPhone and iPad is the same as the android devices, you just have to activate voice typing and start speaking. Everything that you speak will be converted into the text.