Table of Contents
High ping issue when playing Roblox games is quite frustrating. But you are not the only person suffering from it. Many others are sailing in the same boat. Luckily, there is a way to fix it and, in this post, we are going to discuss all possible solutions to resolve the Roblox high ping issue.
So, without any further delay let us get straight to the point.
Best Fixes to troubleshoot High Ping Issue
No need to try all, just walk your way through the list. As soon as you find the solution that works you can stop there and can enjoy your Roblox games.
5 Best Ways to fix Roblox high ping issue
Method 1: Reboot home network
If it’s been a long time you haven’t restarted your home network, now is the time. Usually, overheating network devices become unresponsive, which leads to high ping issues. Therefore, before you get into technical troubleshooting steps, try restarting the home network.
Here’s how to do it:
1. Power off and unplug your modem/wireless router for 60 seconds.
2. Thereafter, plug-in network devices and wait for the indicator lights to come back to their normal state.
Launch Roblox and check the high ping issue should be fixed. If not, you can move to the next step and update the network driver.
Method 2: Update your network driver
Another common reason for Roblox’s high ping issue is problematic or outdated network drivers. To fix this issue we suggest updating the network driver. Remember keeping drivers updated helps avoid such problems and common performance issues.
Network drivers can be updated in two ways: manually and automatically.
To manually update the driver, you will need to either visit the manufacturer’s website or can use the Device Manager.
If you go to the manufacturer’s website, you need to search for the latest driver for your network adapter. When looking for the driver update make sure you choose the right driver compatible with your operating system and network adapter model number.
Failing to do so might create issues. In case you are not comfortable with this method, you can try the automatic way.
Automatically updating network driver – If you don’t have the technical knowledge required to look for driver update manually, you can try using Advanced Driver Updater. This driver updater knows exactly what system you are using, and it can also detect the device model numbers. Furthermore, it takes backup of old drivers before updating to the new ones.
To use Advanced Driver Updater, follow the steps below:
Download Advanced Driver Updater
1. Download and install Advanced Driver Updater.
2. Run Advanced Driver Updater and click Start Scan Now. Advanced Driver Updater will scan the system for outdated, problematic, and corrupt drivers.
3. Review scan results and click Update driver to update the outdated network driver.
If you have a registered version, you can click on Update All to update all the outdated drivers listed. However, with the trial version, you need to update drivers individually.
The software comes with a 60-day money-back guarantee and technical support.
4. Once updated, restart the system to apply changes.
5. Now try to run Roblox games you should not face the high ping issues.
For product-related assistance, you can send an email to email@example.com
Method 3: Avoid wireless obstruction
IF you are playing Roblox games on a wireless connection, the high ping issue might be caused due to wireless obstruction.
To check it, follow the instructions given below:
This will help lessen wireless interference and enhance the Wi-Fi signal strength:
- If you can shift the wireless router to a new location, try placing it within 3 to 5 meters of your PC.
- Your wireless supports both 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz bands, switch to 5Ghz.
- If any electronic devices or metal objects are placed nearby remove them and then try to use the Roblox games.
This should fix the high ping issue. If this doesn’t work, move to the next step.
Method 4: Flush DNS
When there is an issue in network configuration then you can face network issues. Being a Windows user, you can fix it by flushing and resetting the DNS.
Here’s how to do it:
1. In Windows search bar, type command prompt
2. Select it > right-click > Run as administrator
3. In the Command Prompt window, type the following commands and press Enter after each one:
netsh winsock reset
4. Reboot the PC.
This should fix the high ping issue. If this fix doesn’t work, move to the next workaround.
Method 5: Exit bandwidth-heavy apps and services
If various devices are connected to the same network, then you might face a ping issue. If you can then temporarily disconnect other devices and close unwanted applications. To do so, follow the steps below:
1. Press CTRL+Shift+Esc to open Task Manager.
2. Click the Network tab and check the list of programs eating to bandwidth. Select that program and click End task.
3. Launch Roblox and play your game high ping issue should be fixed by now.
If you are not using more than one device and there is no application utilizing bandwidth, try the next step.
Use a VPN service
If nothing has worked so far, it seems hardware and software configurations are just fine. In such cases, there’s no harm in trying a VPN. This might help minimize ping if caused due to ISP throttles or servers being located in some other country.
You can try using Systweak VPN for this purpose. This trusted and reliable VPN helps connect with other servers and is stable. You can download it by clicking the button below:
Download Systweak VPN
We hope using the methods explained above you will be able to fix the Roblox high ping issue. In case you have tried some other method and it worked, share the same in the comments section. We love hearing from you.