Browsing the web is not bereft of dangers. There are snooping eyes everywhere all set to pounce on your crucial credentials and snatch your online identity. That’s exactly where a weapon called VPN short for Virtual Private Network comes to your rescue. It helps form a safe and secure connection with another network present on the internet. It then forwards all your online traffic through an encrypted tunnel because of which no one can get a clue of your IP address. You can therefore access content that you might not be able to under normal circumstances.
But, when choosing a VPN when looking at several features such as servers, security protocols, etc, here is one more factor that you should consider looking into and that is it is a no-logs VPN. Wondering what that is? Read the blog till the end and not only will you know what a no-logs policy is but you’ll have some of the best no-logs VPN from which you can choose one.
What Exactly Does No-Logs Policy For A VPN Mean? Why Should You Choose A VPN With No-Logs?
What you download or the websites you visit or any of your details should not be taken note of by VPNs. But, do all VPNs promise a strict no-logs policy? Surely not! There have been instances where VPNs exposed user details to third parties or government agencies. So, whether it is on the VPNs own part or the tunneling or encryption it provides, none of a user’s details should be exposed at any cost.
The below-mentioned VPNs have a reputation for adhering to a strict no-logs policy. Most of these are independently audited and have come clean.
The Best No Log VPN
1. Systweak VPN
Get Systweak VPN
No of Servers – 4500 + | Pricing – Starts at US$ 5.95 per month (billed as US$ 71.40 for first 15 months and thereafter US$ 71.40 for 12 months) | Platforms for Which It Is Available – Windows 10/ 8.1/ 8/ 7
First on our list of best no-logs VPN is Systweak VPN. It ensures that your online activity is secure, private and there are no data leaks under any circumstances. Systweak VPN is a feature-rich VPN that efficiently hides your IP address and lets you access the web with no restrictions. It ensures anonymity by using cutting-edge security technology. Want to know how Systweak fairs up against others, read this post.
- Servers are spread across 200+ locations in over 53 countries
- AES-256 bit military-grade encryption
- Ultra-fast streaming thanks to SmartDNS
- DNS leak protection is offered
- IKev2 and OpenVPN ensures a secure tunnel that further secures data and provides great speed
- Kill switch located in advanced settings prevents your connection from getting exposed in case VPN drops
- Offers 30 days money-back guarantee
- Excellent customer service
- Available only for Windows
No of Servers – 5200 + | Pricing – Starts US$ 3.67 per month | Platforms for Which It Is Available – Windows, iOS, macOS, Android (Smartphones), Android TV, and Linux
If you are looking for a VPN, chances are you have heard of NordVPN. Immaterial of your online activity – whether you are browsing the net just for one, accessing work files via email, streaming your favorite video sharing platform, NordVPN encrypts your internet connection and at the same time conceals your browsing history. It doesn’t track, share or collect personal data and vouches that it is none of its business. Here’s how you can set up NordVPN on Windows and Mac.
- Servers are spread across 60 countries
- Exceptional browsing speed
- Multi-device support
- OpenVPN protocol is used
- Obfuscated servers can easily bypass firewalls which are known to block VPNs
- CyberSec feature is capable of blocking any malicious ads or websites should you mistakenly embark on a wrong website
- 30 days money-back guarantee
- Speeds can go a little slow in some countries like Malaysia
- A beginner might find configuring OpenVPN a little difficult
3. iTop VPN
No of Servers – 1800+ | Pricing – Free, $3.99/Month (12 Months), $2.50/Month (24 Months), $1.66/Month (24 Months + Extra 12 Months) | Platform Compatibility – Windows, Mac, and iOS
iTop VPN is one of the most popular VPN solutions that offer best-in-class encryption and follows a no-log policy so that users can anonymously surf the Internet. It even protects data with split tunneling functionality. With iTop VPN you can easily gain access to geo-restricted services, including streaming sites, games, chat apps & other social media platforms. Additionally, it doesn’t limit your bandwidth speed & manages to mitigate ISP throttling.
- Encrypts the traffic & set flexible IPs, so that your activities cannot be tracked.
- Has more than 1800 high-quality servers in 100+ locations worldwide.
- Fast connection, unlimited data & bandwidth.
- Blocks malicious ads while you’re surfing the Internet.
- Kill Switch feature, to prevent data leaking.
- Secure torrent downloading.
- Extra browser privacy protection features.
- Users have complained about DNS leaks.
- Annoying pop-ups on the official website.
- No live chat feature is available.
- The shortest official subscription is of 1 Year.
No of Servers – 6900+ | Pricing – Starts at US$ 2.25 (36 months subscription) | Platforms for Which It Is Available – Windows, Android, Mac, iOS, Linux, Android TV, Amazon Fire TV, Gaming Consoles
Looking for a VPN with a strict no-logs policy, CyberGhost VPN is an option you can consider. It has multi-device support and highly secure servers which ensure that your data is safe while you are browsing the web. This means when you have CyberGhost by your side, no snoopers or hackers can dare dive into your online activity.
- 256-military grade encryption
- IP and DNS leak protection
- Kill switch
- OpenVPN, IKEv2, and WireGuard protocols are used for better stability, security, and speed
- Secure and fast downloads
- You can connect up to 7 devices simultaneously
- Multi-device support
- Servers can be slow at times
- Limited payment options
No of Servers – 3200+ | Pricing – Can go as low as US$ 1.89 per month | Platforms for Which It Is Available – iOS, Android, Amazon Fire TV, Windows, Linux, and macOS
If you are looking for a no-logs VPN that’s lightning-fast and that doesn’t dodge security, give Surfshark a spin. Since Surfsharks hails from the British Virgin Islands, it has strict data privacy laws in its roots. One of the best features that testify to this is the Camouflage mode which is also referred to as Obfuscation where your internet connections seem just like a regular connection because here all VPN traces are removed.
- Easy to use smooth user interface
- Multi-hop connection functionality available
- Automatic kill switch
- Surfashark alerts you if your data is leaked and lets you know when you need to change your passwords
- Servers are present globally
- Surfshark search delivers unbiased, real, and organic results
- You can watch geo-restricted IPTV without any fear of someone spying on you
- P2P behavior is a little erratic
- Customer service can be better
- The fastest server at times is not the correct server
No of Servers – 3000+ | Pricing – US$ 8.32 per month for 12 months | Platforms for Which It Is Available – Windows, Android, iOS, Mac, Linux, Routers, Web extensions
When ExpressVPN commits that it adheres to a strict no-logs policy, you can lay your complete trust because this has been independently audited by experts at PwC. Be it your browsing history, IP addresses, or even DNS queries, ExpressVPN doesn’t take a note of any of these user details. But, what it promises and sticks to is a high amount of security and anonymity when you are using public Wi-Fi, shopping online or simply browsing the web.
- Multi-device support
- Servers spread across 160 locations and 94 countries
- Lightning-fast speed when trying to form a connection
- Best in class encryption technology
- 30-day money-back guarantee
- High-speed servers
- Pricing can be a little steep
- Users have reported a drop in connection speed
- You can connect up to only 5 devices at a time
No of Servers – | Pricing – Start as low as US$ 3.75 per month (yearly plan) | Platforms for Which It Is Available – iOS, macOS, Android, Windows, Linux, Browser extensions and routers
In the list of best no-log VPNs, IPVanish can’t be ignored. Its parent company StackPath had got IPVanish audited independently before acquiring it. The auditors attested that under no circumstances that IPVanish collects any logs pertaining to user IP or browsing history.
- AES 256 bit encryption
- No DNS leaks
- Unblock streaming platforms like Netflix, Disney+, Fox Go, and several others
- An automatic kill switch terminates the connection if VPN drops
- You have the option to even add SugarSync Cloud Storage for storing personal files
- Customer support can be better, sometimes replies late to customer queries
- Connection drops
8. Private Internet Access
No of Servers – Approx 28533 servers | Pricing – Starts at US$ 2.19 per month | Platforms for Which It Is Available – Windows, Android, Mac, and Linux
Despite hailing from the US, which is one of the founding members of the 5 Eyes alliance, Private Internet Access justifies its name as it has stringent zero-logs policy which means it stores none of a user’s data. It offers secure protocols which offer both speed and safety and several other features some of which are mentioned below –
- One of the highest number of servers that are spread in 78 countries
- Integrated malware, ad, and tracking blocker
- Can connect to 10 simultaneous connections
- All servers are P2P friendly
- AES 256 military-grade encryption
- 30 days money-back guarantee
- IPv6/ DNS leak protection
- The default encryption offered is 128 bit AES which needs to be changed to AES 256
- No live chat support
No of Servers – 1287+ | Pricing – Starts from 8€ /mo| Platforms for Which It Is Available – Android, Windows, iPhone, Mac, Linux, Chromebook, Android TV
ProtonVPN got your back on privacy, security, and freedom. It helps keep your traffic concealed, thanks to strong VPN tunnels. Being a Swiss VPN provider it doesn’t share your user activity, no matter how strict the surveillance is. Plus, there are a host of power-packed features some of which are mentioned below –
- Being a swiss VPN, it is not a member of fourteen eyes surveillance network
- Ciphers are used because of which your encrypted traffic can never be intercepted
- Unlimited bandwidth
- You can use ProtonVPN on up to 10 devices
- Quality customer support
- Limited P2P access
- Only email support is available
- Configuration can be a little complicated
No of Servers – | Pricing – Starts at US$ 3.33 per month| Platforms for Which It Is Available –
TunnelBear is one of the best VPNs out there. Be it the performance as far as delivering high speed is concerned or providing security, TunnelBear is an on-point solution. It also offers 500 MB worth of free data before you opt for one of its paid versions. TunnelBear provides you an unlimited secure browsing plan with its paid version where you can enjoy VPN on 5 connected devices at a time.
- End-to-end encryption is offered
- Vigilant Bear makes sure that even while the connection is being established your data and location are not exposed
- One of the fastest tunneling
- GhostBear makes sure that the encrypted data is least detectable to businesses, ISPs, and government agencies
- When it sniffs that Wi-Fi is unsecured it prevents auto-connect
- SplitBear is another name that TunnelBear gives to split tunneling. Here you can choose the apps where split tunneling will take place
- Speed problems are sometimes witnessed
- Sometimes accessing Netflix is a problem
No of Servers – 700+ | Pricing – Starts at US$ 5 per month | Platforms for Which It Is Available – Windows, macOS, Android, iOS, Router, Android TV
- The Chameleon feature helps you fight back censorship and surf the internet in a free and open manner
- VyprVPN cloud offers a user-friendly VPN server solution when you are using cloud servers such as Amazon Web Services, DigitalOcean, and VirtualBox
- Connect to VyperVPN as soon as you are on a public Wi-Fi
- An automatic kill switch terminates the connection as it sniffs drop in VPN
- High-level DNS protection that can save you from prospective man-in-the-middle attacks
- The speed at times is mediocre
- Striking a connection might take some time
- More number of servers can be added
When choosing a VPN it is very important to have a look at features but a strict no-logs VPN not only gives you features but even assures that you are completely anonymous while you are surfing the web. If you liked the blog do give it a thumbs up. For more such content, keep reading Tweak Library.
Leave a Reply