Everyone needs an easy-to-use picture viewer since individuals prefer to shoot and upload everything that occurs in their lives, necessitating the use of a dependable tool for reviewing the photographs. In most cases, the built-in apps don’t have the features you look for. That’s why we need a third-party photo viewer for our Mac. In this blog, I’ve put together a list of the best image viewers to replace your default software.
An image viewer is helpful to view and edit your photographs. Each of the apps below has its set of features and capabilities. Whether you want to view images, do bulk photo editing, or deal with various image types, this guide will help you pick the most refined image viewer for your needs.
Also Read:- Best Slideshow Maker For Mac
Top 10 Image Viewer Software For Mac
1. Movavi’s Picverse Photo Editor
|Price:- $24.90 1-year license / 1 Mac
Compatibility: Mac and Windows
USP: Designed To Work For Photographers Of All Skill Levels and Is Powered by AI
For photographers who value speed, efficiency, and productivity, Movavi’s Photo Viewer is a fantastic solution. You can rapidly search for and locate photographs shot in a given area or with a specified tag and images taken on a specific date. This batch picture editing tool is multilingual and has an intuitive user-interface with 100+ filters and effects. Let’s check out the features:
- Supports 60 + image types.
- Supports both RAW camera images and compressed forms like JPG and PNG.
- AI-Powered auto enhance, and restoration of old photos.
- Swift image background removal.
- Removes digital noise from low light images
2. XnView MP
USP: Free For Personal and Educational Purposes
XnView MP is a great yet easy photo editor and viewer for Mac that works with a broad range of file formats, including DNG, HEIC, and OpenEXR. It can read over 500 different picture files and export photos in over 70 different file types. This image software for Mac also allows viewing images, including Thumbnail View, Fullscreen View, and Filmstrip View. Let’s take a look at other features:
For example, you may look at thumbnails to make a quick decision, or you can compare two images to determine which one to put in your gallery or portfolio.
- View EXIF, IPTC, and XMP metadata using XnView.
- Trim photos without losing quality.
- Resize, rotate, crop, and adjust brightness, contrast, and more.
- Add filters, tweak colors, and apply effects
- Allows you to modify color depth & palette.
Moreover, if you want to work on many photographs simultaneously, XnView comes in handy. It has 80 distinct actions that you may use to batch-edit an entire photo collection.
3. Adobe Bridge
USP: Sophisticated creative asset management that allows you to swiftly examine, organize, edit, and publish various creative files.
Adobe Bridge is a sophisticated image viewer for Mac that lets you view, organize, and edit photographs. It can also be used for various tasks, including filters to locate the precise images, perform a metadata search with sophisticated features, and more. One of the benefits of Adobe Bridge over other photo viewer applications is that it interacts with other Adobe Creative Cloud tools, allowing for quick editing and retouching. For example, if you use Photoshop to touch up your photos after a session, you may open an image directly from the Bridge in Photoshop. Let’s take a look at other features:
- Allows you to make changes to the metadata.
- Options to arrange your photos, and create collections.
- Can Add Labels, tags, and ratings to photographs.
- Resize bulk photos at once.
- Rename files during import.
- Convert files to DNG while importing.
Compatibility: Windows/ macOS/ Linux
USP: Free and open-source & available for the popular OS
While the name may lead you to believe that this appis hostile to Macs, it is compatible for Macs. Nomacs is a good alternative if you seek a lightweight and simple open-source picture viewer for Mac. It works with the most popular image types, including PSD and raw photographs. You can look at thumbnails, explore directories, and use filters to find specific files, among other things. Let’s take a look at other features:
- Edit photos and blur out the part you don’t want
- Adjust the color, brightness, saturation, hue, and gamma.
- Comes with a pseudo color function to create false color games.
- Supports AVIF, CR3, and PCX
- With the file filter option, you can choose which photo to view
5. Apollo One
USP: Filter files using GPS distance or altitude
Anogeissus’ Apollo One for photographers contains an easy-to-use toolbar that allows you to conduct quick tweaks and edits, and it will enable you to see raw photographs instantaneously. This image viewer for Macallows you to see EXIF details and grade photos on a scale of one to five stars, this can help you choose the best photos. Let’s take a look at other features:
- Simple interface with HUD display to maximize the image viewing area.
- Comes with built-in transitions to make slideshows
- Import photos from SD card, batch resize, rename and export, image format conversion.
- File filter option to search for particular images.
- Can play animated GIFs
- Built-in transitions to make slideshow
USP: Great Product support
ACDsee is a proprietary picture viewer and editor with unique capabilities, including facial recognition.
ACDSee Photo Studio organizes your photographs for you. You can use filters, categories, tags, color labels, location data, and more to sort and search photographs with fast access and no need to import them. Let’s take a look at the features:
- Comes with Powerful editing tools such as clone, heal, and more
- Has Dehaze tool to restore detail, contrast, and lost color
- Comes with Skin Tune tool to smoothen away blemishes and flaws.
- Easy navigation and customizable Indexer
- Sort, rate, and add color labels and tags to organize your photos.
USP: Fast & Responsive, uses fewer system resources
Free and Open source app, qView is a simple photo viewer without many bells and whistles. Unlike the other picture viewers on our list, it doesn’t have any fancy features, precisely the idea. There will be nothing on your screen but your image & the qView toolbar, allowing you to focus totally on it. This image viewer software for Mac is fast and allows you to access and switch between photos. Let’s take a look at the features:
- Animated GIFs controls
- Multithreaded preloading, file history, rotation, and mirroring
- Support popular image formats, including bmp, gif, jpg, png, tiff, and webp.
- Minimalistic interface
USP: Lightweight and fast media browser & viewer.
Lyn is another excellent photo viewer for macOS. It is intended to replace the built-in picture viewer with a quick, efficient, and visually beautiful alternative for photographers, web designers, and graphic artists using macOS. Lyn’s support for non-destructive editing could pique your curiosity. This allows you to alter and improve an image while keeping the original intact. Let’s take a look at the features:
- Supports all popular file types, as well as raw and HDR photographs,
- Export or share your photos directly to sites like Flickr, Dropbox, etc.
- Allows you to view photographs and modify brightness, contrast, and other settings.
- Can check EXIF information for every image and drag and drop to change the geolocation on Map.
- Comes with editing features to adjust exposure, color temperature, brightness, highlight, and more.
USP: Convenient and quick method to see your photos, videos, and even audio files.
Phiewer is an excellent folder-based picture reader for Mac that supports a wide range of file types, including TIFF, HEIC, and HEIF. Any image’s EXIF metadata may be seen, and you can use one of the several shortcuts to rotate or transition to a full-screen display. Let’s take a look at the features:
- Allows you to make slideshows with transition effects and music
- Supports popular camera models and reads RAW images
- Comes with a basic control panel with tons of shortcuts for browsing, rotating, playing/pausing, toggling Fullscreen, the info panel, and much more.
- Supports PNG, GIF, SVG, TIFF, RAW, CRW, NRW, JPG, and more
- Comes with a feature to browse your folders and play your media files
10. Photo Mechanic
|Price: $139 per user
Compatibility: Windows/ macOS
USP: Greater and better picture caching
Photo Mechanic is one of the best tools for seeing many photographs rapidly on Mac. You’ll appreciate how much it streamlines your process as a photographer. PM quickly retrieves images from your memory card, allowing you to save time. You may start removing rejections and picking the finest photographs from a session right away. Let’s take a look at the features:
- Add the city, state, & country metadata to your photographs using GPS data
- It works with cloud-based sharing services such as Flickr and Photo Shelter
- Batch edit and add information to several photographs
- You can also apply watermarks
- Retrieves photographs from many memory cards, making the editing and selection process go faster.
We live in a world of plenty, particularly when it comes to computer software designed to make our lives simpler. This regulation does not apply to a Photo Viewer application. There are simply too many choices when it comes to choosing the finest Photo Viewer for Mac. Each has something unique to offer in terms of functionality and a well-rounded user experience.
FAQ’S-Best Image Viewer Software For Mac
What is the best photo viewer app for Mac?
There are various photo viewer apps for Mac However Picverse Photo Editor by Movavi is personally recommended by us because of its advanced feature and intuitive interface.
What is the fastest way to view photos on a Mac?
Opening the photo with the inbuilt mac tool is the fastest way to open the photo on Mac.
How do I view photos on Mac like Windows?
There are various photo viewing apps that you can use on a Mac to view photos. Some of them are Picverse Photo Editor, ACDSee, XnView MP, and qView.
Which is the best photo viewer software?
There is various photo viewer software for Mac but Movavi can be considered the best.