The fact that Mac is safe from infections has been debunked for some time now. However, the fact is that Mac also gets infected with malware and adware. Your Mac can be infected in different ways like fake emails, malicious attachments and programs.
Malicious programs will harm your system and steal your information. Many a time, the changes are not even noticeable. However, carefully observed, you will notice some changes in the Mac.
What is Malicious Program?
Malware or Malicious Software is a kind of software which is designed to infiltrate system and steal its information. Malware can enter into your system disguised as genuine software and packaged with other software.
Purpose of Malicious Programs
Their purpose is to steal the entire important information and damage victim’s system. Victim’s information will be transferred to the criminals and then it will be used for malicious purpose.
Symptoms of a Malware and Adware Infected Mac
You will see some changes in the behavior of your Mac.
Here are some symptoms of an infected Mac:
- Your Mac will become very slow and lagging. Programs will take too long to open.
- In the browser you will notice different extensions and toolbar installed.
- When browsing the Internet, you will be constantly redirected to some other web pages.
- The browser will be overloaded with adverts. These advertisements will pop up every time and will be on every website.
- Unknown program installed on your Machine.
- Different unknown files found on your Mac.
How to Clean your Mac
Although Mac comes with its own protection which is capable of fighting different infections, however, you can follow these instructions to clear infections from your Mac.
Your Mac can be easily cleaned from the infections by following these steps:
- Uninstall all the unknown and untrustworthy software from your Mac.
- Remove all the unwanted files from Internet.
- Empty Trash by clicking on Empty Trash button.
- Restore your Mac to earlier state.
- Remove extensions, toolbar and add-ons from your browser.
- Reset your browser.
Must read : 5 Best Ransomware Protection Tools For Windows
Use of Intego Antivirus: The Best Antimalware for Mac (2021)
Intego Antivirus protects your Mac from Malware. It scans various sections of your Mac and protects your Mac from various threats. The security software proves to be the best malware protection for Mac. Intego provides robust security against any type of infections that you encounter on your Mac. It is regularly updated with the latest definitions so that it can defend your Mac from all types of threats.
Features of Intego Antivirus for Mac:
- Easily find & remove malware, spyware, Trojan, and adware effectively.
- Safe Browsing mode to protect yourself while surfing the Internet.
- Regularly updates its latest definitions & database to protect Mac.
- Comes with Parental Control features.
- Has six different applications including ContentBarrier, NetBarrier, NetUpdate, Personal Backup, VirusBarrier, Washing Machine. All of the tools provide top-notch optimization & protection features.
There are a plethora of paid and free security software for Mac available in the market at the moment that is capable of removing malware, however, we should always rely on premium protections like Intego Antivirus which helped me clean my Mac from infections.
We hope you liked this blog. We would love to know your thoughts on the same, please do share your comments!