Table of Contents
If you had any notion until now that casting Mac to TV is a difficult or rather impossible process, it is not. You can easily cast the content you are playing on your Mac to your desired device using Chromecast for Mac. In this blog, we’ll outline all the necessary steps you need to make that happen.
But, first thing’s first, let’s have a look at some prior requirements –
Some Prerequisites That You Should Keep In Mind
1. Here are the things you will need to cast video, audio or any content for that matter from your Mac to TV or any desired device –
- Google Chromecast
- MacBook or iMac
- The device on which you want to cast content. For e.g. – A TV or another monitor
- Chrome browser for Mac
- An active Wi-Fi connection
2. Plug the USB cable into your Chromecast. The USB power cable comes bundled with your Chromecast.
3. Next, plug the Google Chromecast into your TV via an open HDMI port on your TV
4. Plug the power supply into an outlet
5. You will now see a welcome screen on your TV. Note the number that appears on the screen
7. It is important that your Bluetooth is turned on
8. Choose your Google account and then click on Home. Your app will now look for devices
9. Choose the device with the same number and confirm it
10. Select your Wi-Fi network
That’s it! Your Smart TV and smartphone (Android or iOS) are now on the same Wi-Fi network. Let’s kick it up a notch and see how you cast your Mac on your Smart TV.
Writer’s Note: We Want You To Be Safe
We are sure that once you know how to use Chromecast for Mac, you would want to cast your favorite movies and shows on your TV. This will certainly eat up your Mac’s resources. So, how about optimizing it for the best experience.
You can always bank upon a cleanup and optimization tool like Disk Clean Pro which cleans up even the smallest spec of junk on your Mac. And, not just that it even restricts Malware entries that can creep in when you have an array of devices to cast your favourite content on.
Steps To Use Disk Clean Pro-
Using Disk Clean Pro is as easy as 1-2-3 :
1. Download and install Disk Clean Pro using the button below.
2. Click on the Start System Scan button on the right.
3. Wait for the scan to finish. Click on Clean Now.
4. You’ll then see a confirmation box. Click OK to confirm.
This way you can get rid of all sort of issues present on your macOS.
Disk Clean Pro- Features At A Glance
- One-Click Care – Easily get rid of cache, logs and other junk and free up storage space.
- Internet Privacy – Removes any impending threats which can harm your Mac.
- Complete Optimization- Removes duplicates, old redundant files, large files and more on your Mac.
Cast Mac To TV Using Chromecast For Mac
It is important to note that you only need to have your Mac on the same Wi-Fi network as your TV (the steps doing that are already mentioned above). Here’s how you can cast your Mac to the TV using Chromecast for Mac –
1. Open Chrome on Mac. We know, that you might be a safari fan but Chrome too indeed, is one of the best browsers on Mac.
2. Browse the Window that you wish to cast from your Mac to the TV. It could be any form of content – videos, music, slideshows, presentations, and much more
3. Click on the three vertical dot menu on the right side of the screen and then click on Cast
4. Now, you will be prompted to select a device to cast on. It could be your TV or monitor. You’ll be able to see the name of these devices by clicking on the Source dropdown
5. Choose Remote screen to cast the content in fullscreen
6. You can control the playback of the content you are casting through your Mac’s screen using the Play, Pause, Forward and Back buttons that you will see on your screen
7. When you are done watching, click on the Stop button, somewhere at the bottom right and your Chromecast will be released
You have probably mirrored content from your Android or iOS device on your TV, now is the time to cast your Mac to TV and enjoy the same experience. Do let us know if the blog has proved to be helpful and if you were able to successfully use Chromecast for Mac to cast content on your TV. For more such tech-related content, keep reading Tweak Library.