How To Change Siri’s Voice And Accent
The Apple’s intelligent personal assistance Siri is extremely useful and effective for Apple users. Siri which is widely used to assist in many things like setting alarms, sending messages, providing suggestions and much more. Not only this, Siri can help you purchase contents from iTunes and even solve Math problems for you. If you use Siri a lot and feel tired of hearing the default monotonous American female voice, you can now give Siri a brand new accent and language. Also, the female voice can be changed to a male voice now.
You can easily customize Siri’s voice accent and enjoy asking Siri a question and having her reply back to you in British, Australian or American accents.
Changing Siri’s Accent on iOS
- Tap the Settings icon on your home screen.
- Select the Siri option.
- Click on Siri Voice option.
- In the Siri Voice options, choose between American, Australian or British as per your liking. Additionally, you can assign Siri a male or female gender.
- The new accent or gender will take effect once you’re connected to Wi-Fi and the new voice is downloaded.
Changing Siri’s Accent on macOS Sierra
- Click on the Apple logo at the top left of the screen, and select System Preferences from the context menu.
- From the System Preferences window, select the Siri option.
- In the Siri preferences screen, you can change the language by clicking the Language drop-down menu.
- You can change the accent by clicking the Siri Voice.
Available accents for English are American, Australian, British, Irish and South African.
These accents are available in both male and female versions; you can select these options as per your preference.
Once you change Siri’s accent, gender or language, it will appear to be a whole new personal assistant. It’s certainly a nice change to use Siri with a different voice, listen her in an accent that you can enjoy or you can try these different accents for fun.
Also Read: Awesome Things Siri Can Do For You