How to Secure Your Mac OS and Get Rid of the Latest Trojan
An anti-virus software for Mac machines isn’t something unusual. Until few years back users didn’t even think they would require one. But with time things are changing Mac OS is no longer flying low under the radar, it is now being compromised. Cyber criminals are designing malicious software targeting Mac machines.
The recent Mac attacks proves the same. We have been hearing a lot about them in different forms like trojan horse attack, ransomware or malware attack.
Trojan horse is different than worms and viruses. It is much more dangerous and is capable of infecting number of machines in a go. The latest attack was designed to trick users into buying a fake anti-virus that contained infectious code. Once user installs the software malware gets into the system, opens various pornographic sites and pop up messages asks user to upgrade the software.
Also Read: Cyberstalking: An Underrated Crime
Once the user tries to upgrade the product by entering the card details these are shared with the hacker, who then uses it to for their own good.
Removing trojan using a program
It isn’t easy to remove the trojan but neither it is impossible. A good anti-malware product helps you detect and get rid of such infections. As it will be able to detect it and delete it.
If you are interested in using a program to do all the work for you can try downloading Systweak Anti -Malware by clicking here.
Deleting it manually
Not only you can use a program you can also remove it manually. To do so follow the steps below:
- Launch activity monitor and search for product names like Mac security, Mac defender or similar.
- Choose the program and click “quit process” or select “force-quit”.
- Next, proceed to the download/application folder and look for the installer file. Delete it and empty the trash.
- Now head to Account and select system preferences. Remove all instances of the program you just killed the process for from the Login items as well.
Also Read: Safeguard Yourself on Public Wi-Fi Hotspot
Ways to keep Mac secure
- Don’t not run an auto installer while installing a program. You may find many programs that downloads automatically when you are online. Cancel the process if program tries to install itself. Always install the program manually so that you can read the terms and conditions and know the product. This step will help to protect not only your Mac but Windows machine also.
- Always run a good and up to date anti-malware program on your machine. There are many available in the market but look for ones who gives all round protection.
In my previous article I have mentioned important function of an anti-malware product that you should look for. To know more about it click here.
These steps will surely help you to stay safe from trojan attacks. As it is not easy to detect these nasty codes we must be very cautious with our online activities. Internet is beneficial in various ways but there is other side to it that we should never forget. The only way to stay safe is by knowing what you are doing and what can it lead to.