What Is Artificial Intelligence?
Since the invention of computers, humans have developed the power of computer systems in terms of their diverse working areas, their increasing speed, and reducing size with respect to time. They always wish to make the computer systems as smart as humans, and they also get success in form of Artificial Intelligence.
What is Artificial Intelligence(AI)?
Artificial Intelligence is a way of making an intelligent thinking software, in the similar manner an intelligent human think. In other words, the main aim of AI is to implement human intelligence in computers, so that they exhibit intelligent behavior, learn, demonstrate, explain, and provide advice to its users. It is done by studying the way human brain thinks, learns, decides, and works while trying to solve a problem. The outcome is used as a basis for developing intelligent software.
Also see: Expert Systems: Everything You Want To Know About
Where can Artificial Intelligence be applied?
Artificial Intelligence has been dominant in various fields like:
- Gaming: Artificial Intelligence plays a vital role in strategic games like chess, and poker.
- Natural Language Processing: Artificial Intelligence makes it possible to interact with the computer that understands the natural language spoken by humans.
- Expert Systems: It develops applications that integrate machine, software, and special information to impart reasoning and advising.
- Vision Systems: These systems understand, interpret, and accepts visual input on the computer, for example, spying airplane, patient diagnoses, matching criminal’s face with the stored portrait.
- Speech Recognition: An artificial intelligence program is theoretically capable of understanding the conversation on e-mails and telephones as they can handle different accents, slang words, noise in the background, change in human’s voice due to cold.
- Handwriting Recognition: This software reads the text and recognizes the shapes of the letters and convert it into editable text.
- Intelligent Robots: Robots have sensors to detect physical data from the real world. They have efficient processors, multiple sensors and huge memory to exhibit intelligence. They learn from their mistakes and can adapt to the new environment easily.
What is Artificial Intelligence comprise of?
- Reasoning: It is a set of processes that enable us to provide basis for judgement, making decisions, and prediction.
- Learning: It is the activity of gaining knowledge by studying, practicing, experiencing something.
- Decision Making: This process makes one aware of the situation and helps in taking the decision.
- Perception: It is the process of acquiring, interpreting, selecting, and organizing sensory information.
- Linguistic Intelligence: It is one’s ability to incorporate the ideas. It is important in interpersonal communication.
What is the difference between human and computer intelligence?
To understand AI in a better way, we have summed up some common differences between human and artificial intelligence:
- Human stores and recalls something by patterns whereas the computer understands it by the set of rules and data.
- Human can figure out the complete object even if some part is missing whereas the computer cannot recognize.
Artificial intelligence is developing with such an incredible speed; it looks humans may find it uncontrollable. Also, artificial intelligence systems have already started replacing the human beings in few industries.