Voice Memos, as the name says, represents recording and storing something on your mobile device for anytime usage. Here we are taking into consideration the Voice Memos on iPhone. This is an inbuilt free to use app that lets you record audio on iPhone, iPad, and Apple Watch. This voice recording iOS app is simple and designed with basic record and edit functionality. Not only this, the audios recorded and edited can be exported to the other services for backup, sharing, and more advanced editing like features.
Voice Memos App On iPhone: How To Use It In Different Ways?
You can do a lot with the iPhone’s Voice Memos app from recording audio to editing to sending it to someone to deleting it and much more. Here’s a quick guide on what you can do with Voice Memos and how to do it.
1. How To Record Audio on iPhone with Voice Memos App
Audio recording using Voice Memos app on iPhone is quite an easy and straightforward thing to do. You just need to follow the steps below and you’re done. Later, you can edit the recorded audio making it shareable. Here’s how to record on iPhone’s Voice Memos app.
- Open the Voice Memos app.
- Tap the Red record button. It’s just a tap, you do not have to hold it.
- Now, tap the small grey horizontal lines for More options.
- You can anytime Pause and Resume the recording to keep multiple recordings within the same sound file.
- Once done, tap the Stop button in red color to stop the recording. It will be saved automatically by the name based on your current location. You can anytime change the name and type a new one.
That’s it. Once recorded, you can proceed towards editing the recorded audio.
2. How To Edit A Voice Memo on iPhone?
You can use Apple’s Voice Memos app for basic editing as well. Here;s how to use its basic editing functionality to edit a voice recording.
- Open the app and tap on the audio recording you want to Edit.
- Now, click And tap Edit Recording.
- Drag your fingers left and right to find the specific part of the recorded audio from the bar at the bottom of the screen.
- You can crop the audio using the Crop Choose a section and tap Trim. Click Save to confirm the changes.
- To delete a part of the recording, choose the part on the timeline and tap Delete. Hit Save.
- Tap Done at the end when you’re done making the edits.
3. How To Send A Voice Memo on iPhone?
You know you can send the voice memos to a wide range of apps and services. The process of sending voice memos is so quick. You have to follow the steps below:
- Open the app and tap on the file you want to send.
- Click Ellipsis and tap Share
- Now, you can choose an app or a contact with whom you want to share the audio.
- You can always take a backup of the iPhone’s Voice Memos by either a cloud storage service or tap Save File to save it within your device.
4. How To Delete Voice Memos on iPhone?
Deleting anything from your device is pretty simple but when it comes to Voice Memos on iPhone, you need to know the process. To delete a memo, you need to tap the Recording and then click the Trash Can next to it. That’s it! The recorded audio in the Voice Memos app is now deleted.
If in case you accidentally delete any file, you can surely get it back. For this, you need to locate the Recently Deleted category, tap on the file’s name and then Recover and Recover recording.
5. How To Fix Voice Memos On iPhone Not Working?
What if suddenly your voice memos app on iPhone stops working? In such a case, you can try two quick and best possible ways. One, you can reboot your iPhone and try using the Voice Memos app again. Or, you can try uninstalling the app and reinstalling it from the App Store. Hopefully, it will start functioning properly.
Check this Out: Best Audio Editing Apps For Android
Voice Memos App Is Such A Great App for Audio Recording!
Yes, no doubt Apple’s Voice Memos app is an awesome way to record, edit and share voice recordings on any of your social media platforms or within your contacts. You can always trim or delete the unwanted part out of the entire audio and save the proper version for later use. How do you find this Voice Memos App for iPhone? Which audio recording app do you use other than Voice Memos, let us know in the comments section below.
Till then, keep reading Tweak Library!