Checking out network adaptor details is a daunting task and especially when you are a network administrator having access to multiple network cards on a single PC. While you have to look for all minute details of the cards installed on your PC, it seems to be hassling though it is not.
In this article, we will show you the best ways to see details of Windows 10 network adaptor. We’ll be discussing two popular ways here; the first one is direct system-integrated while the second one is using NetworkInterfacesView tool. With this tool, you can dig in detail for the network cards information on your system.
How To View Network Adaptor Details On Windows 10
To check for network adaptor details on a Windows computer, we will be discussing two easy ways. Here’s what they are:
- Using System Information Tool
- Using NetworkInterfacesView
Method 1: View Network Adaptor Details Using System Information Tool
The System Information Tool provides you with little details about each network adaptor installed on your computer. Here’s how to check for details while you are using Windows 10.
- Open Start Menu and type in the search box msinfo32 or system information.
- From the results that appear, choose System Information and open it.
- Wait for a few minutes and let it display all the data.
- Once the data window is opened, go to Components > Network Adaptor.
- Now that you have details in front of you, scroll down on the right pane for the list of network adaptors.
- To copy any information, press Ctrl+C. For complete network adaptor details, go to File and choose Export.
Alternatively, you can use Command Prompt to export the same network adaptor details on Windows 10. here’s how to do this:
- Open Command Prompt from the Start menu.
- Now, type in the following command Ipconfig /all and press
- With this command you can get all network details on your computer. No matter if the network adaptor is active or not.
Method 2: Use NetworkInterfacesView Tool To Get Network Adaptor Details
The NetworkInterfacesView tool by Nirsoft is the best bet for a portable tool that can list down all the network adapter details of your Windows computer. The additional advantage of using this particular tool is that it uses Windows Registry to get detailed information about the networks in use or installed on your computer. With this amazing tool, you get a chance to view three types of status including;
- Active devices- The green status icon.
- Non-operational devices- The yellow status icon.
- Disconnected devices- The red status icon.
System Requirements: This windows utility works on all windows versions from Windows 2000 and up to Windows 10. Work efficiently on both 32-bit and 64-bit systems.
The interface of NetworkInterfacesView looks like the image below:
This simple tool has a simple interface displaying the list of all network adapters. The details on the window will expand as you scroll through it horizontally.
To know more details about a specific network, double-click on a particular adapter and you’ll see a window like below with all the possible details.
The major benefit of using this utility to view network adaptor details is that it lets you save any information about an individual item. For this either choose a particular network, go to File and select Save Selected Items or press Ctrl+S or right-click on the selected network and choose Save Selected Items from there.
To save details of all network adapters on your Windows PC, go to View and choose HTML Report – All Items.
Once you’ve selected to get all network details, you get to know following information:
- Device Name
- Connection name
- IP Address
- Subnet mask
- Default gateway
- DNS Servers
- DHCP information
- DHCP Servers
- Instance ID
- Instance GUID
- MAC Address
However, you can view all the same details on the System Information tool, NetworkInterfacesView gives you a friendly overview of all the network adapter details and additionally lets you save the information that System Information doesn’t let you do.
Be it a built-in System Information tool or Nirsoft’s tool, you can get all your Network adapter details on the go. Check these ways out, they are completely free and easy to use. Do let us know in the comments if you have any suggestions or queries. We’d be happy to help!
Reach out to us through our Social Media platforms or our website.