Gmail is one of the most common e-mail service used by many of the users worldwide to send and receive e-mail. Whether we have to send a personal mail like inviting a friend or professional mail to the company, Gmail is the first choice due to its ease and simplicity.
However, many of us commonly face a problem of not receiving the mail in our account., and we find this as a big loss as the information which someone has conveyed to us left unreached.
In this article, we are going to find out the basic reason for this problem.
Also read: How To Stop Spams In Gmail
What could be the reason for the problem?
The setting of a filter:
Sometimes when we receive many spams in our mailbox, then just to avoid these spamming emails we create a filter.
Therefore, there are the chances that some of the filters which are created by us might delete the genuine emails.
Change in the setting of Forwarding and POP/IMAP:
Another reason of not receiving the email can be that there might be some changes in the setting of Forwarding and POP/IMAP which have changed the Gmail behavior for handling the messages.
Any one of the above reason can cause loss of your important emails.
How to resolve the problem?
Every problem in this world has a solution, and same goes with the above problem. Below we are providing you with solutions so that you never face any such situation.
Whenever you notice that you are missing some of your genuine emails, then the first thing which you need to do is to check your All Mails, Trash and Spam Folder. If you find the mail in any of these folders, then it means that some of your filters are detecting the genuine emails as junk.
Now the solution for this problem is to check the filters you have created.
- Open your Gmail account. Now click on the Gear Icon in the top right corner and go to settings.
- Now click on the tab Filters and Blocked Addresses and look for any filters which include Skip Inbox or Delete it words. If you find any then select the check box next to it and click on Delete.
- When you receive a prompt click on OK to confirm.
Now moving on to the second solution, please note that when you set up forwarding in Gmail account you have several options like to archive Gmail’s copy or delete Gmail’s copy. You have to make sure that you have selected the option of Keep Gmail’s copy in the Inbox or Mark Gmail’s copy as read.
- To do so please open your Gmail account. Now click on the Gear Icon in the top right corner and go to settings.
- Now click on the tab Forwarding and POP/IMAP, make sure that you have selected the option of Keep Gmail’s copy in the Inbox or Mark Gmail’s copy as read.
These are some of the simple solutions which when followed can help any user from losing any of his emails.