If you are using a laptop with Windows 10 installed and you can’t find a battery icon on the taskbar then it would be really difficult for you to analyze the amount of power remaining in it. But fortunately restoring the battery icon back on Windows 10 is not a tough ask.
Restore Battery Icon Missing On Windows 10:
You can easily restore the missing battery icon by following the below listed steps.
Is Battery Icon Really Missing from Taskbar?
Before proceeding with the steps to resolve the problem of missing battery icon on Windows, firstly make sure that the icon is really missing or just hidden in the system tray. To verify this follow the steps listed below:
1. Click on the upward arrow located at the bottom right corner of the screen. This will show all the icons that are hidden in the system tray. If you can find the battery icon then continue with the steps to place it back on the taskbar.
2. Right-click on the taskbar and from the menu that populares select Taskbar settings. You can also open it by navigating Window Settings > Personalization > Taskbar.
3. Now in the Taskbar settings, click on the option Select which icons appear on the taskbar under Notification area.
4. In the icon list now scroll until you locate the Power icon. Toggle this to On position to enable the hidden battery icon.
5. Once done you can now find the battery icon on the taskbar.
Please note that the above steps only work if the battery icon is hidden.
How to Enable Missing Battery Icon On Taskbar
If the previous step doesn’t work for you then it means that the battery icon is disabled. To enable it you have to follow the steps given below:
1. Right-click on the taskbar and from the menu that populates select Taskbar settings. You can also open it by navigating Window Settings > Personalization > Taskbar.
2. Now in the Taskbar settings, click on the option “Turn System icons on or off” under Notification area.
3. In the System icons list look out for the Power icon and toggle on the button that is next to it.
4. Once done you will again find the battery icon back on the taskbar.
Resolve Missing Battery Icon by Disabling and Enabling Battery Hardware:
If the above two resolutions don’t work for you then you need to dive a bit deep into the Device Manager section to disable and re-enable the battery hardware.
1. Open the Run command box by pressing the Windows + R button and type in devmgmt.msc and hit enter. This will open the Device Manager window.
2. In the device manager double click on the Batteries option to expand. You will find the following two items:
Microsoft AC Adapter
Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery.
3. Now right-click on Microsoft AC Adapter option and from the drop down menu select Disable device.
4. This will generate a warning prompt asking for the confirmation to disable the device. Select Yes to proceed.
5. You have to exactly follow the steps to disable Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery.
6. Now re-enable both devices by right-clicking on both one after another and select the option Enable device.
7. You now need to reboot your computer for the effect to take place.
After the system restart you will be able to find the missing battery icon back on the taskbar.
Update Your Outdated Drivers:
As per some of the users outdated diver for battery has resulted in the missing battery icon on Windows 10. However, updating the Microsoft AC Adapter driver has resolved the issue.
You can update an outdated driver either manually by looking for its update on the vendor site or automatically using a dedicated driver updater software like Advanced Driver Updater.
While manually updating a driver on one side requires a lot of research on the other side, Advanced Driver Updater updates all the outdated drivers with a single click. You can download the latest version of Advanced Driver Updater from here.
Click Here To Download Advanced Driver Updater
So, guys, this is all from our side. If you have any other method to fix the missing battery icon on Windows 10 then do share it in the comment box below.