Make Your Sleep Count With Best Sleep Trackers
With busy working schedules and so much to do in a day, we hardly get enough time to sleep. This busy working schedule coupled with an unhealthy lifestyle, mental pressure and inconsistent sleeping patterns (especially during night) makes us vulnerable to several health issues. While there are several ways you can adhere to a healthy lifestyle, you can use a sleep tracker to head towards a sound and quality sleep.
Tracking our sleep is a brilliant way, with this we can change not only our sleeping habits but also lifestyle and thereby overall health.
Keep Close Tabs On Your Smartphone Habits Too
The sleep tracker apps for Android would surely be beneficial provided you keep a close tab on your smartphone habits. If you are addicted to your smartphone and are finding it hard to stay away from your device, try apps like Social Fever.
Social Fever keeps you aware of your screen time on various social media platforms – WhatsApp, Facebook, YouTube, Instagram, etc. Not just that, it further inspires you to get off your device by prompting you to add hobbies and activities that you really like – it could be reading, cycling, walking, gardening.
Watch Over Your Sleep With Sleep Tracker Watches
1. Fitbit Versa
Fitbit Versa is an excellent wearable that comes with 4-day battery life and water resistance up to 50 meters. It has a bright and sharp screen that displays data in the most crystal-clear fashion. Talking about data, it precisely delivers data pertaining to your sleep stages and how your data fairs up as compared to others of the same age.
This smartwatch sleep tracker also accurately notes your heart rate and lets you set reminders so that you don’t waver from a sound sleep. You even get an option to disable notifications and quick-view display too.
2. Withings Steel Hr Hybrid Smartwatch
At the very first glance, the Withings Steel HR Hybrid Smartwatch is a delight to watch. But, it is more than what meets the eye. It is unquestionably one of the best sleep tracker watches you can have and that too at a whopping price point of USD 179.95 (prices may vary). It precisely gives you insight on your blood pressure, heart rate, your sleep score, all on your health mate app.
And, it cares for your sleep, to an extent that it gently wakes you up with a light vibration that too at a time when you are at the optimal point of your sleep cycle.
3. Oura Ring
Oura Ring exemplifies how a small ring can completely change your life. It’s a beautiful looking ring that does several wonders while sitting atop your fingers. It helps you from being zoned out because of bad sleep. Oura Ring keeps a close tab on several facets of your sleep – sleep efficiency, sleep latency, rapid eye movement (REM), disturbances, sleep cycle and many others and it then delivers a sleep score. The only downside for some could be its price.
Taking The App Route To Manage Sleep
If you wish to keep your hard-earned money in your pocket and still track your sleep, here are some of the best sleep tracker apps that come loaded with features that won’t let you skip a beat when you are asleep.
1. Runtastic Sleep Better: Sleep Cycle & Smart Alarm
Runtastic is a sleep tracker app for Android that helps you improve sleeping habits which otherwise might deter your sleep. For this, it has elements like sleep timer, sleep tracker and sleep clock amongst several others. Some of the notable features of the app include –
- The sleep tracker app tracks your sleep. For instance, whether you are in deep or light sleep
- You can note down your dream and sleep patterns with a dedicated Runtastic sleep monitor
- The app even works in an airplane mode too
- You can check if the phases of the moon impact your sleeping patterns and internal body alarms
- Additionally, you can even track your stress levels, exercising routine, caffeine consumption and other habits too
2. Sleep Cycle: Sleep Analysis & Smart Alarm Clock
Sleep Cycle is a very unique sleep tracker app for Android that wakes you up when you are all set to wake up i.e. you are at the lightest phase of your sleep. The app analyses the sounds that you make and monitors your body signals when you sleep to identify which phase of sleep you are in. Let’s have a look at some of its features –
- The sleep tracker app for Android is powered by a sleep pattern patented sound technology
- Smartly reads your sleeping patterns and intimates you about your sleep patterns – whether or not they are healthy
- The app has a collection of well-curated and melodious alarms that are soothing and unobtrusive
- Sleep cycle even offers a customizable wake-up window where you can choose snooze modes like regular and intelligent
- Create a backup of your sleeping data (premium feature)
- Keep a track of your snoring patterns (premium feature)
3. Sleep As Android: Sleep Cycle Tracker, Smart Alarm
Sleep as Android is one of the most popular sleep tracker app for Android. It has over 10 million downloads, the reasons for which are many. It basically wakes you up in a gentle manner so that your mornings are pleasant. It boasts of following
- Sleep as Android works on sonar technology which means you needn’t keep the device on the bed
- Integration with health services such as S Health and Google fit
- Contains nature sound alarms such as the sound of the sea, whales, chants, and birds
- tunes are binaural and can be used to fall asleep faster
- Integration with Google Play Music, Spotify and radio channels
- Think that you might hit the snooze button back and again? Sleep as Android contains alarms that motivate you to do some of the other activities if you wish to shut the alarm off. For instance, you could choose to solve a math puzzle, have a bathroom QR code, etc.
There are times when our alarm wakes us up even when we haven’t had a sound sleep. Come in Pillow an app that is especially meant for those who have trouble sleeping. It wakes you up when you are in the lightest phase of your sleep. You thereby wake up fresh and energetic.
Pillow is also one of the best sleep tracker watch apps too. Just wear your Apple watch when you are sleeping, and the app will start analyzing your sleep. It will then produce a comprehensive sleep stage diagram that includes your sleep session trends and factors like REM, deep sleep, sleep cycles, etc.
Pillow also records the sounds you make during your sleep while discarding all the other noises.
The quality of your sleep has a huge impact on your overall health and with above watches and apps, tracking the quality of your sleep is no more, a difficult task. Do let us know which of the above ways you prefer to keep a check on your sleep.