How to Uninstall Programs in Windows 10
Are you a techno geek? Then you must for sure be fond of installing and trying newly launched apps. However, over the time have not made use of them. Such apps occupy a considerable amount of disk space on your PC. Locating such apps and deleting them can be a tedious task. Here’s how you can uninstall unwanted programs in Windows 10 in a much simpler way.
From the Settings Window:
- Press Windows key + I from the keyboard to open the Settings Window.
- From the Settings window click on System and then click Apps and Features.
- The Apps and Features display all the installed apps on your PC. These applications can also be sorted on the basis of their size. Locate the application you wish to uninstall and click on the Uninstall button. You will be prompted with a message saying “this app and its related info will be deleted”, click Uninstall to delete the programs in Windows 10.
From the Start Menu:
Another way to uninstall Windows 10 programs is from the Start Screen. Both Windows 10 apps and other apps can be uninstalled using the Start screen.
- Go to the Start menu by clicking the windows logo on the main desktop screen and then go All apps. A list of all the installed applications will be displayed and you can easily navigate to the app you wish to uninstall.
- Right Click on the app and click on Uninstall button.
- If you are uninstalling a Windows 10 app, you will be prompted with a message, click Uninstall to delete the app in Windows 10.
If the app isn’t a windows 10 app, once you click on the Uninstall button, the old Control Panel will open. Here select the app and click on Uninstall button.
From the Control Panel:
Apps other than Windows 10 apps can be uninstalled directly from the Control Panel like we used to do in the older Windows versions. Right Click on the Start button and click on Control Panel. From the Control Panel, you can simply look for the applications to be uninstalled and uninstall them by clicking on the Uninstall button.
Make your disk drive free from unwanted apps and restore a huge amount of space for a faster performing PC using the above mentioned steps.
Also read: How to add Fingerprint and PIN to your Windows 10 account