If you have blocked a phone number on iPhone, then you must have a reason behind that. Maybe you wish to block the tele callers that bother you without a reason. Maybe you have just come out of a relationship and do want to be contacted by him or her anymore. There can be other reasons as well but what if you have blocked someone accidentally on iPhone? Or you have a change of heart for someone that you have previously blocked, and now you want to unblock him.
The good news is that unblocking a contact on iPhone is as simple as blocking it. As all you have to do is pick a blocked contact, left swipe it and select the Unblock option.
Have a Look: How to Double-Check Your iPhone’s Privacy Settings
So, if you are looking for a detailed way on how to unblock a number on iPhone then do believe that you have landed at the right place. This article will list all the possible ways in detailed manner to unblock a contact on iPhone.
How to Unblock a Contact on iPhone:
Whenever a user blocks a contact on his iPhone, the blocked contact is added to the blocked list of your iPhone. And the blocked contact can neither call you, text your or even Facetime you. But if you wish to reverse the process you have to follow the steps below:
1. Open Settings by tapping on its icon.
2. Now scroll down in the Settings windows and tap on Phone.
3. After scrolling a bit, Under Call Silencing And Blocked Contacts option you will Blocked Contacts option. Tap on it.
4. Now on the Blocked screen, you will find all the contacts that you have blocked. To unblock a number just swipe-left it and tap on the Unblock option.
This will permanently remove the blocked phone number from the Block List. Now whenever that caller calls, you will be able to receive the calls as before.
Also Read: How To Transfer Contacts From iPhone to Android
How to Unblock a Phone Number on iPhone Who Messages You:
If you have blocked a contact to stop him from messaging you, then you have to unblock him in the Messages app.
1. Open iPhone Settings and tap on Messages.
2. Now in The Messages Settings tap on Blocked option.
3. This will open a list of all the contacts that you have blocked. To unblock a number swipe right to left and tap on Unblock option.
Read More: iPhone Keypad Not Working? Follow The Methods Below!
How to Unblock a Number from Recent Call List
If you have recently blocked a contact that is still on your recent call list, then it can be unblocked from there itself by following the steps below:
1. On your iPhone open the Phone App and, on the bottom menu, tap on the Recents tab.
2. On the recent call list screen, tap on the icon symbolized with “i” next to the phone that you want to unblock.
3. Now on the next screen, and tap on the option, Unblock this Caller.
You will now be able to receive calls as before from that caller on your iPhone.
How to Unblock a Number on iPhone with Your Network Provider
If you are thinking that blocking and unblocking a contact on iPhone is done only using built in features of iPhone, then you are wrong. As many network providers/carriers do offer a service to their customers to block phone numbers at carrier level. The service can be chargeable or free depending on respective network providers. So, if you have blocked numbers at carrier level then the above method will not work in your case. In that case you have to contact your network provider or use the dedicated block/unblock service provided by them to unblock the number on your iPhone.
Bonus Tip: If you wish to temporarily block all the calls on your iPhone for a specific period of time then you can use the Do Not Disturb Mode of iPhone.
So, folks now whenever you have a change of heart for a blocked contact you can unblock it by following any of the steps listed above. If you wish to share any other tip on how to unblock a number on iPhone, then do share it in the comment box below.
Next You May Like To Read:
How To Check IMEI Number of iPhone and Android
iPhone Speaker Not Working: Fix It!
Leave a Reply