How To Set Out Of Office/Vacation Reply In Gmail
No one wants to get disturbed by emails, phone calls or even by messages while on a vacation. However, if you receive a call or email and you do not answer it then also it sounds a bit unethical. So, what can be done that if you do not reply to an email then the sender will not feel offensive? Or someone let the sender know that you are on a vacation and therefore you are unable to reply him back. Well, guys, Gmail’s Vacation responder will be going to do this work for you and let the senders know that currently, you do not have access to your inbox.
Also, this is a completely automated process, which does not need your intervention. You just need to enable Vacation responder and set the start and end date along with the message. Now every time you receive an email the sender will automatically receive a return email containing the message which you have set.
How to get started:
You can easily set up an auto responder in Gmail and that too in few seconds.
- Open your Gmail account and click on the Gear icon and select settings.
- In the General Tab, scroll to the bottom of the page until you find the option of Vacation responder. Now select Vacation responder on.
- Now set the start date and end for the responder, along with the message. Also, you can decide that to whom you wish to send this auto-reply, i.e. to everyone who sends you an email or only to the people in your Gmail contacts. Once done click on Save Changes to complete the process. If you use a Gmail signature, then it will also be shown along with response i.e. at the bottom.
How to turn off vacation reply In Gmail:
Once you set the auto reply ON, you’ll see a message at the top of your inbox that shows the subject of vacation response.
To turn off vacation reply you just need to click on End now.
Few things to remember:
- Vacation reply starts at 12:00 AM on the day it has been set and ends at 11:59 PM on the end date, however, if you wish then you can end it earlier.
- The vacation response is only sent once to the sender who messages you.
- In case if any of your contacts sends you several messages, then this reply will be sent at most once every 4 days.
- The email which is redirected to spam folder won’t get this vacation response.
Setting a vacation reply is just like killing two birds with one stone, as on one hand, it helps you to remain tension free regarding the emails you receive, on the other hand, it let the sender know the reason of not getting a reply.