Table of Contents
No matter how expensive a cell phone one owns, a time will come when you will get annoyed with the constant messages, “the mobile storage is almost full”. This is one of those instances that will lead you to the decision of importing photos or media to external drives or personal systems. With Android smartphones, it’s quite easy to transfer photos to PC or external drives.
The case isn’t quite the same with the iOS device if you are planning to transfer photos from iPhone to Windows 10 PC. Here we are majoring in focusing on importing photos from iPhone to Windows 10 PC because if you look at the facts, nothing else covers more space on our devices than images. And thanks to the high quality camera advancements with every new iPhone, the image file size is increasing like anything.
Import Photos From iPhone to Windows 10 PC
All of us are quite aware of the fact that unlike Android smartphones, iOS devices need a bit of prerequisite in order to transfer photos from iPhone to PC. Keeping that in mind, here we would be talking about different ways to import photos from iPhone to Windows 10 PC (with it without the help of prerequisites) as below:
List of Contents
- 1. Transfer Photos From iPhone to Windows to PC Via Photos App
- 2. Transfer Photos From iPhone to Windows to PC Via iTunes
- 3. Transfer Photos From iPhone to Windows to PC Via Windows Explorer
- 4. Import Photos From iPhone to Windows 10 PC Via Syncing to iCloud Photos
- 5. Import Photos From iPhone to Windows 10 PC Via iTransor Lite
1. Transfer Photos From iPhone to Windows to PC Via Photos App
I believe we know about the Photos app on our Windows PC, however, if any of us isn’t familiar with the feature, let’s explore the same here.
1. Start the process of importing iPhone photos on Windows PC by connecting the iOS device to the PC via connecting cable.
2. Now you need to type in Photos (by pressing the Windows icon on the PC) & launch the same.
3. Post successful launch of Photos app, tap onto the Import button (onto the top right side of the screen) & choose “From a connected device”.
4. Now the system will start looking for the connected devices on the PC (including the recently connected iPhone).
5. As easy as it sounds, now you can easily transfer photos from iPhone to Windows 10 PC without any hassle.
2. Transfer Photos From iPhone to Windows to PC Via iTunes
Another simplest way to transfer photos from iPhone to Windows PC is through iTunes which has been talked highly by millions of users. The only prerequisite it will require is to download & install iTunes on the Windows PC successfully.
1. Considering that iTunes has been successfully installed on your Windows 10 PC, connect the iPhone to the PC via USB cable.
2. Launch the iTunes on your PC & look for the iPhone icon on the iTunes home screen.
3. Tap on the iPhone icon & then go ahead with selecting the Photos section under Settings (from the list of options on the left side of the screen).
4. Under the Photos section, you need to tap on the Sync Photos mark (right side of the screen).
5. Now, select the Choose folder option from the list menu & mark the folder you want to sync (it must have image files in the folder).
6. After going through the above steps, all you need to do is, tap on Apply & wait for the syncing to get finished. Please know that the time will vary & will depend on the number of files that are in the syncing process.
Also Read: How to Organize Digital Photos on Windows PC
3. Transfer Photos From iPhone to Windows to PC Via Windows Explorer
Without a doubt, transferring any type of media (irrespective of the mobile operating system) via Windows Explorer is the easiest way for both the sides. This is why we have included the Windows Explorer as another way to import photos from iPhone to Windows 10 PC.
1. Start the process by following the same step we have been following in every method (connecting iPhone to Windows PC via USB cable).
2. Now you need to follow the further mentioned path by launching the File Explorer on your Windows PC, “File Explorer > This PC (left side panel) > iPhone””
3. Once the above path will open up, you need to tap on the Internal Storage drive (irrespective of how many drives you get to see on the page).
4. Under the Internal Storage, look for the DCIM folder as this one holds almost every images file that have been clicked from your iOS device (other image files can be in different folders that you will need to check including Downloads, Images, WhatsApp).
5. Here you need to copy the entire folder or the files within & start pasting the same into the designated drive on your Windows 10 PC.
6. Wait for the process to get completed (don’t click anywhere on the Internal Storage till the time transferring process doesn’t get over) & once done, your iPhone photos will get imported to the Windows PC successfully.
4. Import Photos From iPhone to Windows 10 PC Via Syncing to iCloud Photos
Yeah!! This is undoubtedly one of the most secure & reliable ways to transfer photos from iPhone to Windows 10 PC. As a prerequisite, all you need to do is enable the iCloud Photos on your iPhone by navigating yourself to the following path:
Settings > Username > iCloud > Photos > Toggle on iCloud Photos
1. Considering that you have enabled iCloud Photos on the iPhone, open the iCloud for Windows webpage on your PC.
2. Login to your Apple account by typing in the credentials & look for the Options section (that would be in the Photos section).
3. Under the Options category, find the iCloud Photo & check if it’s enabled already (if not, please do so).
4. Here you need to mark the section “Download new photos and videos to my PC” & go ahead with tapping on Done & Apply.
5. The manual process has been completed as whenever your system will connect to the nearest Wi-Fi, the iPhone Photos will be successfully copied to the PC.
6. Also, if you don’t want to wait for the Wi-Fi, you can import photos from the iPhone via visiting the iCloud.com webpage on the PC & downloading the images manually.
7. Obviously there would be as many ways as one can identify, however, we have listed here ones that are easily accessible & totally reliable. Other reliable ways to transfer photos from iPhone to Windows 10 PC is through Email & cloud services that can help you perform the same operation successfully.
5. Import Photos From iPhone to Windows 10 PC Via iTransor Lite
As it seems, iTransor Lite is an iOS Data Explorer tool that is absolutely free to be accessed by users all over the world. A third party tool, iTransor Lite data explorer has majorly been used to import data to Windows PC or Mac from different platforms including iTunes/iCloud backups. Yeah!! You read it correctly. This simply means that any type of data including media files that’s been stored on your iCloud or iTunes platform can be exported to Windows PC or mac, through the iTransor Lite by iMyFone (previously called D-Port). Through this ultimate iOS data explorer, users can easily transfer the data from iOS devices, iTunes backup and iCloud backup onto a PC or Mac for further use. Thanks to the diversification, the iTransor Lite by iMyFone supports exporting data from 3rd-party social apps as well as built-in apps. And the process to import photos from iPhone to Windows 10 PC is as follows:
1. Start the process to transfer iPhone photos to Windows 10 PC by connecting your iPhone to the PC via USB cable.
2. Make sure the device has been connected to the PC before transfer & once it does, launch the iTransor Lite data explorer tool on your Windows 10 PC.
3. After landing on the iTransor Lite homepage, you need to look for the Back Up & Export from Device (on the left side of the screen).
4. Post tapping on the Back Up & Export function, click on the Export Data from the list of options you see.
5. Under the Export Data section, the screen will display all the file types (among which you can choose the file type you want to export from iPhone) in different categories.
6. For example, in this case where we wish to import photos from iPhone to Windows 10 PC, we will go with the “Photo & Video” section.
7. So first you need to uncheck the option “Select All” (from the top right side of the screen) and then tap on Photo under the Photo & Video section.
8. Tap on Next to go ahead & soon all the available photos on your iPhone will be displayed in front of you.
9. Here you can easily select the ones that you wish to import from iPhone to Windows PC or select all of them.
10. After the thorough selection, you need to tap on Export & soon all those selected files will be stored on your Windows PC. Simple!!
Please know that now you have got kind-of-a-backup for all those iPhone photos, you can delete them from the iPhone to create more space. Since our major goal was to create more space on the device as well as successfully importing photos from iPhone to Windows 10 PC, both worked quite all right.
Keep Transferring iPhone Photos to Windows 10 PC
Yeah!! In order to keep your iOS device memory free enough is through exporting the media to external drives including personal computers (Windows as well Mac). Doing so won’t let you face the issue of the memory-full-notifications that can be very annoying at times. And under the media category also, particularly the images category holds too much space that needs to be cleared out. Now it’s quite evident that you can’t just delete every one of those photos, however, you can easily transfer them to other devices or drives. So that is why we have talked about the different ways here to transfer photos from iPhone to Windows 10 PC in the seamless ways possible. A perfect combination of the easiest, reliable, & effective ways that will let you transfer iPhone photos on Windows PC without taking too much time.