Table of Contents
Mac comes with an SSD that makes the computers very fast. But many times, users end up exhausting all the space on SSD and then look for expensive flash storage.
In this blog, we will learn how to manage storage on Mac so that you do not run out of storage and make your Mac efficient and faster.
Cleanup My System optimizes Mac and removes unwanted files and rarely uses apps, and makes the performance of Mac incredibly fast.
Read More: 10 Best Uninstaller for Mac to Remove Apps
Step by Step Procedure to Free Up Space on Mac:-
1. Empty trash
Whenever we delete anything in Mac, the deleted item gets stored automatically in the trash. Users can restore the atom from the trash if users want because it does not automatically get deleted from the trash. Therefore the chances are that the trash has a vast amount of space that is occupied by deleted items. Users can delete these items and recover the space for Mac.
To delete items from trash, follow the steps:-
- Navigate to Finder> Preference >Advanced
- Click remove items from the trash after 30 days
2. Uninstall rarely used apps
It uses downloading and installing several apps for several purposes but rarely uses some apps after some time. These apps occupy unwanted space on the disk and make the performance of Mac slower.
It is advised to remove these apps so that Mac can perform efficiently.
Follow the steps to remove rarely used apps:-
- Click on the Apple icon from the menu bar and select About this Mac.
- Navigate to storage and click on manage
- Look for the application that you want to remove from Mac
- Select the application and click on the delete
Once the unwanted apps are removed from Mac, you will get sufficient space to download and install valuable applications.
3. Delete large files
While using Mac in day-to-day life, we download several large-size files. When we have used the files after that, users forget to delete the files from Mac, and in return, these files occupy space on the disk.
It is advised to remove these files from Mac so that the space can be utilized for another meaningful file that users can benefit from.
4. Delete iOS backup and old iTunes Files
iPhone backup takes a large amount of space on Mac. All the backup is needed to restore all the items in case of uncertainty. But if taken an intelligent way the backup can be taken off only the essential items on the Mac, and the rest of the things can be installed or removed so that the backup size can be reduced.
5. Manage cloud storage
Cloud services tend to sync all the data of Mac. Whenever you use any cloud services, ensure that you upload only the selected files to the cloud, which you can use whenever and wherever needed. You can manage the cloud storage by uploading selective data on them.
6. Manage photos app storage
High-resolution photos are stored in the Photos app and take up more space on the disk. It is advised to select only the photos worth keeping and share them on the cloud so that the area on the disk can be managed.
Note: If you are running short of storage on iCloud, you can take up the paid plans of the iCloud by which you can get extra space.
7. Use Cleanup My System
Manually cleaning and keeping Mac optimized isn’t easy. Especially if you are a beginner it is time-consuming and frustrating. The best way to keep Mac clean and free up storage space is to use Cleanup My System. Developed by Systweak Software this powerful and feature-rich tool allows cleaning junk files, managing startup items, keeping locally downloaded mail attachments in check, and performing other activities. The best part of Cleanup My System is that it offers an uninstaller module that helps remove apps without leaving any leftovers. Moreover, it helps remove large and old files. The tool is worth giving a try if you want to free up storage space on Mac.
Click Here to Download Cleanup My System!
To use Cleanup My System follow these steps:
- Download and install Cleanup My System.
- Launch the best Mac optimizer.
- To perform one-click scanning and optimize Mac quickly click Start Scan.
- After cleaning the detected error, you can run individual modules. Click the Cache cleaner tab > scan Mac and clean errors to clean cache files.
- Next, go to Junk Cleaner tab > scan Mac for old downloads, broken preference files, Xcode cache, unused disk image files, etc. Remove unwanted data.
- After this, you can use Trash Cleaner to clean the Trash bin that keeps all the deleted files taking up unwanted space.
- To clean locally downloaded mail attachments use Mail Attachments, scan Mac and clean these attachments.
- Next, you can manage startup items manage boot time on Mac.
- Uninstall manager allows you to remove several apps from Mac that are not used and occupy space on Mac.
- To get rid of large and old files, use the Large & Old Files module.
- Privacy protector helps safeguard your data.
Protect passwords via the Identity Protector module.
Using the above steps and excellent Mac cleaner Cleanup My System, you can keep your Mac optimized.
In this blog, we have seen how to manage storage on Mac. Storage on Mac is occupied by various unwanted stuff like junk files and rarely used apps. Using Cleanup My System can optimize your Mac and give it a new life. Cleanup My System removes unwanted files from Mac and optimizes them for better performance.
Try Cleanup My System to scan your Mac for the unwanted apps and files, and let us know your experience in the comment section below.