Table of Contents
Table of ContentsTo pair your phone simply follow these steps:In the next step, you have to activate Dynamic Lock:
With this new trait, you will not have to worry about locking your system every time you leave your desk. This extraordinary attribute will mechanically bolt your system when your Bluetooth device that is connected with your PC goes out of range. Intriguing isn’t it? But how?
Just follow these simple steps to activate the Dynamic Lock feature on your System.
First of all, you need to pair your smartphone to your system: (If it is already done you can simply go to activate the Dynamic Lock feature).
To pair your phone simply follow these steps:
- Go to Settings and click on Devices.
- Now click on Bluetooth & other devices and Turn on Bluetooth with the toggle switch. Also turn on Bluetooth on your phone as well.
- Now to add a Bluetooth device click on + (Add Bluetooth or other device) button.
- In the new window that opens, click on Bluetooth to add your device from the list.
You will receive prompts on both the devices i.e. your PC and phone. Simply accept them.
Note: If in case your Bluetooth device is not listed, simply update your laptop’s Bluetooth drivers.
To update your PC’s Bluetooth driver:
Open the Device Manager (press the Start button and type in “Device Manager”), then click to expand the Bluetooth line.
Next, right-click on the Bluetooth item listed, tap Update driver and then choose Search automatically for the updated driver software.
In the next step, you have to activate Dynamic Lock:
To do so follow the steps below:
- Go to Settings and click on Accounts.
- In the Accounts section go to Sign-in options on the left panel.
- When you scroll down in Sign-in options you will see the Dynamic Lock section in this section check the box which says Allow Windows to detect when you’re away and automatically lock the device.
Your Dynamic Lock will be activated.
Things to keep in mind when using Dynamic Lock feature:
- Your system will stay unlocked till it is in Bluetooth range
- Your system will stay unlocked for 30 seconds after it leaves the Bluetooth range
- The system will not lock if someone else happens to use your system before the auto-lock function snaps on.
This new aspect is very easy to use; however, it lacks some functions like, your device will not be unlocked automatically when the device comes in range again. You need to unlock your system manually or you can use Windows Hello or face-recognition.