Table of Contents
Twitter is a very popular Social Media Platform. It is, unlike many other popular Social media sites, is aimed towards a no-nonsense environment. Twitter only allows a limited number of characters in order to achieve the same. It is being used by nearly all the popular personalities be it politicians, Businessmen, or Film Celebrities.
How to Change the Twitter Password:
There can be various reasons someone would want to change his/her twitter password. It can be because you doubt that someone else has your password too. On top of that, Companies themselves advise users to change the password every once in a while. Whatsoever may be the case, here is how you can do it:
(Note: If you are looking to Reset your password because you have lost it, please scroll down)
- Login to your account: If you are on the twitter website, Login to your account by typing in your account and password. If you are using the mobile application, open the app.
- Settings and Privacy: On the PC Website, one can easily find the list of various menu options on the left of the screen. At the bottom of the lists exists the option “More”. Clicking on it will provide you the option to access ‘Settings and Privacy’.
On the mobile application as well, the process remains the same except the list of Menu options only appears when the user clicks the profile picture on the top left corner of the screen.
- Account: Once you are into Settings and Privacy, you can easily find an option named ‘Password’ in ‘Accounts’. Clicking on ‘Password’ opens a dialog box offering to change the password. On the mobile application also, the process remains the same.
Following these steps, you can easily change your account’s password by confirming your previous password and entering a new one. The process is relatively easy as compared to other social networking sites.
How to Reset the Account Password:
Through the above given steps, you can easily change the password if you already have the old one with you. But sometimes the situation becomes critical when you either forget the password or get locked out of your account. In these situations, the steps given above don’t work because you can’t login to your account to change its password. These situations require the user to reset the account password.
The process of resetting the password is quite easy. Here is a step-by-step guide to reset the account password:
Step 1.) Open the Twitter application on your mobile device, or the PC website.
Step 2.) Click on ‘Login’ on the page to get going.
Step 3.) On the next screen, it will ask you for the details to log into the account, and just below it lies the option ‘Forgotten your password?’.
Step 4.) Clicking on ‘Forgotten your Password’ will take you to the next screen where it will ask for the username, email, or the phone number with which the account is associated. Enter the details and click ‘Search’.
Step 5.) On the next page, it will show you all the available methods of resetting the password. The options may contain your Mobile number and the email address. You can choose either of them that you have access to at the time of resetting the password. Choose the option and click Continue. Clicking on continue will send a verification code on your chosen mobile or email.
Step 6.) Enter the verification code in the dialog box and click continue.
Step 7.) Clicking on continue will take you to the next page from where you can create a new password for your account.
These are the steps that one can follow in order to reset the password. While creating a new password, try to be as random as possible, use a mix of small case, upper case, and numbers.
If you find it a daunting task to remember passwords, you can use Password Manager applications to remember them for you. Password Managers are a safe way to store your passwords and keep them with you wherever you go. One of the great options available in the market is TweakPass Password Manager.
TweakPass Password Manager stores the information in encrypted form to safeguard the users’ crucial information from hackers and other people with malicious intent. Users can save their Credit card number and internet banking information in the applications to keep them safe and handy when needed. Let’s look at a few of the important features of the TweakPass Password Manager:
- Security: TweakPass password manager stores all the user information in encrypted form. The TweakPass Password Manager uses AES encryption standards to better protect your passwords.
- Universal Access: With TweakPass Password Manager you can access your passwords and other information stored anywhere in the world by logging into your TweakPass account. Hence, you have all your critical information with you wherever you go.
- Secure Notes: Not just passwords, credit card numbers, and bank account details, TweakPass password manager also offers a Secure Notes folder where you can store all your sensitive information. Documents stored in secure notes are also encrypted to safeguard them from cyber threats.
- Password Generator: TweakPass Password Manager also comes equipped with a Password Generator which helps generate strong random passwords for all kinds of accounts.
With all the above given features, TweakPass Password Manager can surely help you keep your critical and sensitive information secure. With that we also hope that we were able to help you change or reset your Twitter Account’s password.