Spam texts are a nuisance. You probably get a lot of spam texts on your iPhone. Spam texts are unsolicited messages from people or businesses that you didn’t sign up to receive. They can be annoying, and they can be dangerous if they contain links to malicious websites. If you are thinking about how to block spam texts on the iPhone, you’ve come to the correct place.
They’re usually from someone you don’t know and consistently trying to sell you something. If you’re sick of getting spam texts, you’re in luck. There are a few different ways you can block them on your iPhone. In this article, we’ll show you how to stop spam texts on your iPhone so you can stop getting them for good.
How To Stop Spam Texts On iPhone
To deliver spam texts in mass quantity, fraudsters use several numbers. Links and data in such messages might not only be unnecessary and unpleasant, but they might also be dangerous or illegal.
This makes understanding how to stop spam texts on an iPhone crucial. I’ll discuss several solutions to this issue in this article.
Using the iMessage app is the simplest way to stop spam texts on an iPhone. So, without further ado, let’s get started.
- Open the iMessage app on your device.
- Choose the message/conversation with the person you want to restrict.
- At the conversation’s top, click the person’s photo, name, or phone number.
- Now tap on the “info” icon.
- On this page, scroll down a bit, click on “Block this Caller,” and then tap on “Block Contact” to confirm the action.
The blocked person/individual can no longer send you texts, calls, and FaceTime invitations.
How To Stop Spam Texts on iPhone Via Message Filtering
To do so, follow the steps below:
- Open the “Settings” app on your phone. Scroll down and tap on “Messages.”
- Now under the “Message Filtering” section, tap on the toggle switch in front of “Filter Unknown Senders” to make it on.
- Now open the “Messages” app; your options for receiving messages will be displayed.
- Now choose the “Known Senders” option if you only want to see messages from contacts.
- Go to the “Settings” app and scroll down a bit, and tap on “Notifications.”
- Now scroll down a bit and tap on “Messages.”
- Under the messages page, click on “Customize Notifications.”
- Under the “Allow Notifications” section, switch off the toggle button in front of “Unknown Senders.”
How To Report Spam Texts on iPhone
To Report a text or SMS as spam to Apple, directly follow the steps below:
Whenever you get a text message from an unknown number/person, this prompt also comes with it, saying, “The sender is not in your contact list. Report Junk.” Tap on “Report Junk” to stop getting spam texts.
To Report a text or SMS as spam to your Carrier provider directly follow the steps below:
You can report spam texts to US wireless providers like Verizon, T-Mobile, AT&T, Sprint, and others. Copy the entire junk text and message it to 7726. It’s free to send this SMS. A carrier may respond if multiple requests are made.
To Wrap This Up
So, this short but informative guide will answer your question on how to block spam texts on the iPhone. Follow the above-mentioned methods one by one to fix this for good. And if you know any other method worth mentioning, let us know in the comments below.