Remembering multiple passwords is not easy and we often miss-match the passwords for various sites and end up resetting them. To remember passwords, we use sticky notes or write them on a notepad and save it on the drive. This way we leave the loopholes for intruders to steal our sensitive information that can be used anywhere and anyone.
To stop this, there is a need for a dedicated tool that will save all the passwords in it and you only have to remember a master password to get all your passwords protected.
Yes, there are various tools available that protect your sensitive information like passwords, credit & debit card details, bank account information, etc and you can get all this information with just a single master password.
In this blog, we will discuss top password manager extensions that are extremely useful to protect and save your credentials.
Best Password Manager Extensions:
1. TweakPass Password Manager
This is one of the best password managers that help safeguard all the sensitive information stored in your computer and browser. To protect your data, the password manager uses the world’s strongest AES encryption technology. Not only this, to use TweakPass password manager and access all the stored passwords you just need to remember a master password, This means instead of remembering multiple passwords, you can memorize just one and access all other passwords and other confidential information. Using the TweakPass Password Manager extension, you can easily save login details and auto-fills the credentials every time you visit the site for which you have saved the details. Moreover, you can add card details, social security numbers, and other details in the secure vault and access them anytime from anywhere.
With TweakPass Password Manager, you can sync all the stored passwords across every device and hence you do not have to install a new password manager on every device.
It is used by all the major browsers like Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Microsoft Edge, Opera.
Features of TweakPass Password Manager:-
- Generates strong and unique passwords to stay protected
- Saves credentials and uses it in filling forms
- AES encryption technology for protection from cyber threats
- SSL secured to protect your data
- Sync stored passwords across every device
Read Full Review of TweakPass Password Manager
Trusted as the world’s most loved password manager 1Password is the easiest way to store all your passwords. It gives you an alert when you enter a weak password or a duplicate password so that you can use a unique password all the time for all sites. 1Password also has a special feature that allows you to hide your important passwords when you travel outside the country so that there is no breach in security.
What makes 1Password the favorite of all users is its zero-knowledge policy under which all your credentials are kept safe and no one can store or track your data.
Features of 1Password:-
- Two-factor authentication (2FA) give a double-layer security
- Password strength monitoring allows you to make strong passwords
- Travel mode allows you to hide credentials when you travel
- With a zero-knowledge policy, all the credentials are safe and can not be shared with anyone
- It masks your card credentials when you make an online purchase
LastPass is another great password manager that tops the list of best free password manager extensions. Once you have installed LastPass, then it will automatically fetch the data stored in the browser and will keep it safe. All these passwords are stored in a vault under the name items. You can fetch all the credentials from there whenever you need them to enter. Apart from this, you can also add a note to each password so that you remember that the password is for which particular site and where to be used.
A master password prompt is an additional security feature that allows you to remember only one password instead of all the passwords.
Features of LastPass:-
- In addition to passwords, you can also store notes, bank credentials, card credentials, addresses, etc
- Autofill function allows you to autofill the data on sites
- You can decide the max length of a password and create a password at your convenience
- Built-in password generator helps you to make a strong password
- Import all the previously saved credentials on the browser
Similar to any other great password manager, it also comes with a vault where you can add and manage your passwords. It allows you to import existing passwords and give them a safe room to protect them from intruders. Dashlane allows you to check your password strength in case you have not created a strong password so that the password can not be cracked by anyone.
All the major browsers support the Dashlane extension where all the credentials will be imported to Dashlane. Except for Chrome, Firefox, and Internet Explorer if you use any other browser then you will have to manually export the passwords that will be saved as CSV files to import in the tension.
Features of Dashlane:-
- Dashlane includes autofill that helps fillcredentials on-site
- All the credentials can be shared with any family member by using password sharing feature that sends a link to the recipient
- Password generator helps you to generate a strong password that can not be compromised
- You can share the passwords with an unlimited number of devices with the Pro plan.
- In the free version, you can add up to 50 passwords
Another excellent choice to keep your passwords safe and secure from any type of intrusion is Keeper. With Keeper, you can keep a track of all the passwords, bank account details, payment card credentials, address, etc, and can use them all in the autofill function to fill any form online. All the credentials are properly arranged in folders and are used automatically while filling out any online form.
The vault password can be imported to browsers like Chrome, Microsoft Edge, Firefox, Internet Explorer and Opera, making Keeper one step ahead of the other password managers.
Features of Keeper:-
- Two-factor authentication enables double-layer security to the credentials
- Self-destruct feature erases all the data after 5 continuous failed attempts
- You can store unlimited passwords in the free version but limited to one device only
- Keeper BreachWatch feature scans all the sites that have been exposed by a data breach
- The security audit feature helps you to create a strong password (not duplicate) every time or every site.
RoboForm is a password manager in the list that is useful for browsers like Chrome and Firefox. Apart from bookmarks, you can keep a track of all the identities (address, passport, cards, phone numbers, names, etc) and notes. The autofill feature of RoboForm allows you to fill the forms with the exact credentials that are needed in the form. You can make a unique and strong password that includes characters, numbers, symbols and save them in RoboForm to use them in the right place.
Features of RoboForm:-
- Password generator allows you to create unique and strong passwords
- In free version, you can store unlimited identities and passwords
- Allows to share your login with other people
- Audit your passwords
- It is simple to use with easy navigation
7. Avira Password Manager
This is another Password Manager that comes with an extension for Google chrome. It has an inbuilt password generator that helps create strong passwords and save them for future use. Avira Password Manager has all the important features of Avira that provides security to data. You can get the facility to store unlimited passwords across unlimited devices therefore you need not have to export the data. What’s more, it comes with a 30 days moneyback guarantee.
Features of Avira Password Manager:-
- Biometric logins for mobile users for easy access
- Password vault auditing
- 2FA authenticator provides double-layer security
- Data breach scanning saves the data to be shared on a particular site.
- Unlimited passwords can be stored
8. Sticky Password
Sticky Password allows you to create and save bookmarks and new user identities within the extension. Extension has a feature that lets you add and edit login information for the site that you are using in the moment. The most noticeable feature of Sticky Password is that its Wi-Fi only sync option allows you to sync the devices over Wi-Fi network and you do not have to use Sticky Password Cloud listed to sync.
It comes with a 30 days free trial and another 30 day money back guarantee.
Features of Sticky Password:-
- Allow you to sync over a Wi-Fi instead of the Sticky Password sync
- You can create bookmarks within the extension
- Portable version of Sticky Password can be saved on a USB flash drive
- Two-factor authentication
- Cloud and Wi-Fi syncing
9. Password Boss
Coming in last in the list does not make Password Boss less competitive. Password Boss can generate new passwords and use themautofill forms. Also you can save new login-in credentials that are used to get easy and fast aces on desired sites. All the features like password sharing, emergency access, secure file storage are very promising and make Password Boss unique. Available for free for 30 days.
Features of Password Boss:-
- Comes with two-factor authentication
- Identity and payment info storage provide a safe passage to enter into any site.
- Fast and easy save and fill passwords
- Password generator helps you generate strong passwords.
- Password Boss family edition covers up to 5 users
Bitwarden is an open-source password manager that saves your passwords and identities and protects them. It saves all your information, including personal and financial and adds a layer of security to them so that whenever you need then it will be present without any breach of security. Bitwarden is one of the cheapest password managers and can do the job for you.
Features of Bitwarden:-
- Comes with 30 days money-back guarantee
- Bitwarden Family version allow unlimited sharing and upto 5 users
- Self hosting on a local server instead of cloud
- Two-factor authentication
- Data breach report and password strength
Are password managers worth it in comparison to Google Smart lock?
Passwords managers work at par with Google Smart Lock and in some cases, Passwords managers are ahead of the Google Smart Lock.
Google Smart Lock provides the security feature of saving the passwords and security codes in chromebooks and chrome browsers and on android devices. Google Smart Lock has all the essential features that a user may want to protect the passwords but not all the features of Passwords managers are included in it. However, if you do not have much sensitive data and want to protect only the mobile apps’ data, then Google Smart Lock is indeed the best choice.
It is not easy to remember and memorize all the passwords by a human. Every time we log in to an app that is rarely used we tend to remember the passwords and end up entering the wrong password and later reset it. This is undoubtedly time-consuming and we might create a duplicate password also. Here comes the role of Password manager extension that saves your sensitive data and allows you to autofill the data when needed. These Password managers come with a military-grade security feature that gives you overall protection from any type of intrusion.
Password managers allow you to create a strong and unique password of your own and also suggest to you some system based passwords that are very complex and cannot be compromised. Using Password managers is a great step in ensuring privacy and security to our data and helps in developing a safe internet environment.
Leave a Reply