Are you a traveler? If yes, then you probably know the pain of not being able to read or understand signboards, pamphlets, etc. in a new country or region. Asking for help on every next turn doesn’t sound romantic too. For the frequent travelers or for people living in a new country or region with different primary language, Picture Translators can be really helpful.
Although you can still search for the solution on Google, it isn’t the easiest way, especially when you are a frequent traveler. Well that’s when an Image Translator comes into the scene.
Image Translator decode the text from the image and let you convert that text into other languages that you like.
Top 3 Choices:
- Google Translator
- Microsoft Translator
- Baidu Translator
Best Image Translators Specs Sheet:
|Particulars||Pricing||Supported Languages||Supported Translation||Offline Translation||App Store Rating||Size|
|Google Translator||Free||100+||Voice, Text, Handwriting, Image||Yes||4.5/5||Varies||90.8MB|
|Microsoft Translator||Free||70+||Voice, Text, Image||Yes||4.8/5||64MB||138.2MB|
|Baidu Translate||Free||200||Image, Text||No||4.8/5||–||236.6MB|
|Waygo Image Translator||Free; In App Purchases||–||Image, Text, Websites||Yes||3.3/5||30MB||55MB|
|iTranslate||Free||100+||Image, Voice, Text||Phrasebook||4.7/5||Varies||567MB|
|Papago||Free||13||Image, Voice, Text||Phrasebook||4.5/5||Varies||200MB|
|Dict Box||Free; Paid||50+||Image, Voice, Text||Yes||4.6/5||50MB||90MB|
|Yandex||Free||95||Image, Text, Websites||Yes||4.7/5||42MB||80MB|
Best Image Translators to Translate Image Text
List of Contents
1. Google Translate
- Allows you to translate text from over 100 different languages
- Allows you to draw text for manual translation instead of doing so with keyboard
- Allows Offline Translation
- Can also be used as a dictionary as it provides the full definition of the input word
- The saved phrasebook can be synced between the mobile and desktop
You must have heard about the ‘Lens’. Google acquired ‘Lens’ for Google Translate. Google Translator is an online and offline Text as well as Picture Translator application available for Android and iOS. Google Translate is frequently used worldwide to translate Image Text. It can also be used as a dictionary to find definitions, synonyms and antonyms of a word, etc. The app is from Google, so everything is sync-able between the mobile devices and desktop. With all the features and smooth interface, Google Translate is one of the best Image Translator available in 2021.
2. Microsoft Translator
- Allows you to have a real-time conversation and translation
- One of the best apps to Translate Captured Images
- Android Wear Support
- Allows you to download language .zip files for offline translation
- Allows you to share translation with other applications
When you are talking about tech, Google and Microsoft are two companies that have to be on top. The case with Picture Translators isn’t that different either. Microsoft Translator also provides offline translation. It also has a split screen mode for real-time continuous bilingual conversation. It can also be used on the Android Wear smart watches. It can also help you learn to pronounce difficult foreign words. The app interface is pretty intuitive and smooth. Considering all the features and interface, Microsoft Translate is definitely one of the best Image Translator available in the market.
3. Baidu Translate
- Allows you to download Language packs for Offline Translation
- 200+ Languages
- Real-Time Conversation feature
- Text to Speech Functionality
- Can be used as a dictionary to easily look up for Word meaning, synonyms, antonyms, usage, etc.
- Automatic GPS Based Translation recommendation
Baidu is another popular name when it comes to Picture Translator to easily translate image text. It offers support for 16 languages, 186 dialects, and 5 million dictionaries. Baidu can be used as both text as well as Image Translator. It features a powerful scanning engine to search and Translate Image Text. It also offers continuous conversation with real-time translation features. Moreover, it automatically offers GPS based language translation suggestions. With all the amazing features packed inside a very intuitive interface, Baidu is definitely one of the best Picture Translators available in the market.
4. Waygo Image Translator
- Camera can be used as both translator and as dictionary at the same time
- While translating the name of a food item, it also shows you a reference image
- Helps you learn the correct pronunciation of words
- You can simply share the translation via SMS, Facebook, Twitter, and Email
Waygo Image Translator is a China-based Picture Translator to let you conveniently translate image text. All you have to do is point your camera at a text, and it automatically translates the text for you. Better if you are using it to convert a menu because it then shows you the reference images of the food too for better understanding. The app features a pretty decent and simplistic interface. However, the App can only translate Chinese, Japanese, and Korean to English. With all the features and perks, Waygo definitely deserves to be on the list of Best Image Translator for iPhone.
- AR Camera provides information about all the objects nearby
- Supports 100+ languages
- Can be used as a dictionary and to find word meanings, synonyms, antonyms, etc.
- Voice Translation supports up to 4 languages in Real-time
- Offline Phrasebook to understand the meaning of common phrases without internet
- Option to switch between the dialects while translating for On-Point communication
iTranslate is another popular image translation application. However, with this one, you will have to spend a few bucks before you can use it. This app works as Voice, Text, and Picture Translator. Though this app isn’t designed to work completely offline, it does have a phrasebook that can be used without the internet to find the meaning of most common Slangs and phrases. The powerful scanning engine of iTranslate helps quickly translate captured images easily. You can even switch between dialects while translating within the app. The app is well designed and works pretty well. Hence, it definitely deserves to be on the list of best Image Translators available in 2021.
6. Papago Photo Translator
- Real-Time Translation
- Supports 13 Languages
- Supports Image, Voice, Handwriting, and Conversation Translation
- Automatically Translates when you copy a content
- Automatically Translates content from the foreign websites’ URL
- Built-In Dictionary
- Built-in Phrasebook for Offline Translation
Papago is another great tool to translate captured images. Papago is a smart application. It not only helps translate image text or voice commands; it automatically translates the content from a Foreign Website. Also, it automatically translates any foreign word when copied. These features make it a more intuitive and sophisticated application. It allows real-time voice translation for an unhindered conversation. Though it too doesn’t have the full offline translation capability, it contains a phrasebook similar to iTranslate to let you translate the common phrases and slangs. I really liked the simplistic user-interface in my testing and believe that it definitely is one of the best Image Translators available in the world.
7. Dict Box Photo Translator
- Helps Translate Phrases and Words in Real-Time
- Supports over 50 Languages
- Supports Offline Translation
- Helps how a word is pronounced
- Helps find similar words and phrases
- A Picture dictionary for easy understanding (Paid)
- Supports Cloud Backup
- Sync-able world lists (Paid)
Dict Box, Short for Dictionary Box, is another great feature packed Photo Translator for Android and iPhones. Dict Box supports over 50 languages and features over 100 dictionaries. Dict Box is fast and convenient to use. It also helps you find Similar words and phrases like a proper dictionary. This app offers complete offline translation. Dict Box also has a paid plan where it offers a few advanced features such as a Picture dictionary for easier understanding and also allows you to synchronize saved lists of words across all devices. With all these features, Dict Box is definitely one of the Best Image Translators available in the market. However, I do wish for a more sophisticated interface.
8. Yandex Photo Translator
- Supports 90+ Languages
- Supports Offline Translation
- Allows you to translate the content of the entire site
- Automatic Language Detection
- Supports Android Wear and Apple Watch
- Features a full dictionary
Yandex is another awesome tool to translate captured images. Yandex Photo Translator supports online translation from over 90 languages and offline translation is also available for a few. Yandex Photo Translator allows you to translate the entire site for easier reading. It can automatically detect the language you have pointed your camera at and provides you with the translation. It also supports Android and Apple Watch. With all these features, Yandex is definitely one of the best Photo Translators available in 2021.
So, with this, we wrap up our list of Best Photo Translators available in the market.
How do Image Translators Work?
Image Translators use your phone’s camera to Translate Image Text. Once you point your phone’s camera to a word of foreign language, it uses the built-in engine to identify the word and then translates it to your desired language. How efficiently an application does so is totally dependent on the scanning engine they use and this is where they differ the most.
Image Translators can come in handy for a lot of people and not just travelers. There are countries where more than one language is prevalent and you may not happen to know all of them fluently. Also, we often buy products manufactured in different parts of the world and often the descriptions are provided in their native languages. So, in all these cases apart from travelling, an Image Translator software to translate image text can come in handy.
So, this was all from our end on the Best Image Translators. I hope you like the information we provided. Do let us know which one of these you are going to try, we love hearing from you. Keep visiting Tweak Library for more such tech related content.